Install Help

DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Using the installer for DS and sometimes items show up and someties not. Trying to get the Viking village bundle into Vue...installed via downloader to ds but cant find it. Then was going to install to Poser so I can export it. Cant just download it, it only has the option to use the download and install, tbh I hate this, its a deal breaker...it forces me to let it auto install into ds and I don't want that. How do I just download it to a file to unzip into Poser?

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited March 2014

Greetings,
    So it sounds like you're running ahead of yourself. Start with 'Installed via downloader to DS, but can't find it.'

Let's fix that.

Open up the installer. Go into offline mode if you want, we don't need the server for this.

Click the 'Installed' tab.

You'll see a list of installed products. One of them should be your Viking Village.

For me it shows up as 'Viking Village DS' and 'Viking Village Props DS'. You may have a Poser version installed, I'm not sure. Doesn't matter. Pick which one you want, and at the far right end of the line is a right-facing arrow. Click that.

You'll get a menu. That menu includes 'Show installed files'. Click that.

You'll get a list of paths where things were installed to. This should be enough to get you going with Vue, but I'm not sure as I stopped using Vue many years ago.

Hope that helps!

-- Morgan

p.s. If that's not helpful for you, the installer (DAZ Install Manager) has a checkbox at the bottom of the 'Ready to Download' screen, which is 'Install After Download'. If you uncheck that, it'll download it, put it in it's 'Downloads' directory, and leave it there for you to work with. Go to the Ready to Install tab, select it, and you'll be able to browse to it.

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • DimeolasDimeolas Posts: 192
    edited March 2014

Thanks, it shows it in there but all I can find is the accessories, even after running several searches. I also need to get it into poser so I can save it with textures, DS did save it as an obj file but no textures...they are no longer under the ready to download tab...tbh, for me to buy anything else from daz they need to give the option on every item to manually download to a folder, this is a big waste of money and time. And the installer keeps losing its connection. What I need for Vue is to be able to save in obj to reopen as obj with textures. I cant get them to be placed properly in poser either.

Post edited by Dimeolas on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Can you post these 2 screenshots: .
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

edited December 1969

Dang that worked found it, seeing if I can export it now...

edited December 1969

Thx a lot, it saved with texs, will pull it apart tomorrow and start.