Help!! Something wrong with my altitude brick!!

IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
edited March 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

After a crash, my brick all of a sudden looks like this!

My specs are:
Windows 7
Daz Studio 4.5.1.6 32 bit (runs just fine in 7 before anyone says anything)

There's nothing helpful on my logfile; everything is the same, and this is all the logfile has when I load the brick up and preview it:

Compiled C:/Users/Hyena of Ice/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/temp/d2.sdl...
Compiled C:/Users/Hyena of Ice/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{128353c1-ac51-46d7-a001-74ee9cb42673}/shader_Surface.sdl...
Rendering image
Compiled C:/Users/Hyena of Ice/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{870c7a5e-85e6-45d2-b362-9d1caffe0791}/shader_Surface.sdl...
Created RenderCacheBlock
Saved image: C:\Users\Hyena of Ice\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d3.png
Finished Rendering
Compiled C:/Users/Hyena of Ice/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/temp/d5.sdl...
Rendering image
Saved image: C:\Users\Hyena of Ice\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d6.png
Finished Rendering
Compiled C:/Users/Hyena of Ice/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/temp/d5.sdl...
Rendering image
Compiled C:/Users/Hyena of Ice/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{e6063481-2ec1-49df-8faf-1589330798cc}/shader_Surface.sdl...
Saved image: C:\Users\Hyena of Ice\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d7.png
Finished Rendering
Compiled C:/Users/Hyena of Ice/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/temp/d1.sdl...
Rendering image
Saved image: C:\Users\Hyena of Ice\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d8.png
Finished Rendering

I tried reverting my shader files in Apdata/Roaming/Studio 4, but it didn't change anything (although all the shader files have a "last updated" date of today even though I didn't install anything...)

I REALLY don't want to do a reinstall.

Untitled.jpg
216 x 376 - 16K
Post edited by IceEmpress on

Comments

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

*Sighs in frustration at the lack of replies, and the whole situation in general*

Are there any file directories with DAZ files other than Appdata:Roaming>>Daz Studio, Program Files>>Daz Studio, Program Files x86>>Daz Studio, Program Data>>Daz Studio, and My Documents>>Daz Studio?

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,362
    edited December 1969

You'll get more responses in the DAZ Studio discussion forum or the Nuts and Bolts discussion forum.

edited March 2014

Alright, I'll try that. Thanks for responding at least, even if you couldn't help me.

Edit: Where is the nuts and bolts forum?

edited March 2014

(duplicate post, ignore)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,362
    edited December 1969

Just click "forum home" at the top of the page and it'll give the list of all the forums here at DAZ. Nuts and Bolts is in the top half of the page.

edited March 2014

(duplicate post, ignore)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

and just keep in mind many of us haven't got a clue about the Shader Mixer so you will need to be a little more patient.

edited December 1969

I understand that now that I'm lucid, but please be aware that I get delusional when I'm upset. Not making excuses, it's just a heads up (specifically, I become paranoid that someone is online who can help me but chooses to ignore me)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Multiple instance of the same query have been merged. Please do not start the same thread in multiple forums. If you wish the existing thread to be moved please request that it be moved by a moderator.

Thankyou

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

opal42987 said:
    I understand that now that I'm lucid, but please be aware that I get delusional when I'm upset. Not making excuses, it's just a heads up (specifically, I become paranoid that someone is online who can help me but chooses to ignore me)
    I have learned not to get upset when thing go wrong but let it drive me to find out how to fixed it, either by asking or by trial and error. I find it so much more enjoyable doing it that way. Hope you get some help when the Shader Mixer folks roll in.
    edited March 2014

Multiple instance of the same query have been merged. Please do not start the same thread in multiple forums. If you wish the existing thread to be moved please request that it be moved by a moderator.

I started it two other places by earlier suggestion-- I actually wish I'd forgone posting it in the Daz board, though. Which board would get me the needed answer the absolute quickest?

Edit: Oh, just great, now it looks like I'm even crazier than I actually am because you added my posts from the other threads here...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

opal42987 said:

I started it two other places by earlier suggestion-- I actually wish I'd forgone posting it in the Daz board, though. Which board would get me the needed answer the absolute quickest?

Edit: Oh, just great, now it looks like I'm even crazier than I actually am because you added my posts from the other threads here...

I have now moved it to DAZ Studio Discussions, as per the suggestion from someone else.

The problem with having the same thread in muliple locations is that it can duplicate the help that you are getting from forum members, as people will answer the same thing in different threads

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

If you want answers you'll have to give more infos.

From the logfile I don't see anything wrong. And the problem for me is that I don't even know what your problem is with the the provided informations

The only thing I could think of is the aliasing in the preview

So what do you think is not working right?

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited March 2014

Thing like this are the reason because I prefer shader builder instead mixer.

I set altitude brick and get the same effect like opal.
    After I joint the brick to a surface, apply the shader to a figure, change between space scene and space, then object brick altitude works.

altitude.jpg
    737 x 639 - 54K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
    edited March 2014

It's not working when I add it to a mixer network, either-- one of my shaders uses an altitude for diffuse, and all it is on the surface preview is a half black and half white sphere with a hard border.

Edit: Gilikshe is right, it looks fine when rendered in a scene. Thing is, before yesterday this was not the case. Any way to fix this?

edited December 1969

And on a closely related note, since I can't play arounf with it in Mixer anymore (since the previews won't work right), what setup do I use to reverse the direction or invert the colors of the altitude node? (using the obligatory spline/altitude/+texture node setup, that is-- just to specify that nobody needs to go over that part)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,011
    edited December 1969

If I understand the question, using a Binary Operation to subtract the altitude from 1 should work.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

opal42987 said:
    It's not working when I add it to a mixer network, either-- one of my shaders uses an altitude for diffuse, and all it is on the surface preview is a half black and half white sphere with a hard border.

Edit: Gilikshe is right, it looks fine when rendered in a scene. Thing is, before yesterday this was not the case. Any way to fix this?

May be that is because you have an empty scene.

Just add a basic primitive in the scene and I guess you'll have a correct preview

For your other question, I confirm that using a binary operation node works, as Richard stated

edited December 1969

Thank you for the binary node thing.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Hi opal42987, I'm so glad you got some help with this. It can seem like you are being ignored with Shader mixer questions as there are so few people around who can actually answer questions about it. I'm sorry I haven't been around much in any of the forums lately as I've just been so busy with work. I can't always answer the questions but I like to reply to these threads so people don't feel like they are being ignored...I just haven't had time lately.

Pen