Studio Has Products But Nothing Shows Or Loads

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,866
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am still having trouble, my DIM installs the products but in Content Library the title shows up but when I click on it nothing comes up.
So I did this:
1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the “DAZ Studio Formats” and “Poser Formats”
2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the “Show Details” box in the lower right

And those are both going to C>Users>Public>Documents>MyDaz3dLibrary in the Content Directory Manager
And so is the DIM.

So what else can be done? I just reinstalled the studio as I am sick and tired of not being able to use my studio. I'm sure it's something I am not doing right, but on the other hand, the studio had worked for awhile and then just screwed up and I had not done anything to change it. I exported user data and reimported meta data, not sure if that would help, but it didnt. (Did that before the reinstall.)

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited March 2014

Did you reimport the data again after reinstalling?

Is your CMS on?

To see if it's turning itself off, hit CTRL+Shift+ESC to bring up your Windows Task Manager.
    Click the Services tab, click the Name column to sort by name, and scroll until you find DAZContentManagementService.
    Under the Status column, it should say Started, if it doesn't, manually turn it on via Start Menu > All Programs > Daz 3D > DAZ Content Management Service > Start DAZ Content Management Service. This should run a CMD window for a short period and then vanish on it's own.
    Now launch Daz Studio, and see if the service goes from Started to Stopped.

Does your content show up in Content Library or is it missing there as well?

IIRC you tend to have quite a bit of problems with your installations working right and such, yes? Just a question, is your daz and cms installed to the default C:\Program Files by chance?

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,866
    edited December 1969

I'm not ignoring you :) the studio is doing a render that is probably going to take a few hours (and I'm headed to bed, it's 3:15am here.) I'll test it tomorrow afternoon and let you know. Yes, I have recurring problems and in the past, the content management service has been running. When you say reimport the data, you mean the metadata? I can't use the studio at the moment to see all those options unfortunately. And thanks for your help in advance, I'll check the thread tomorrow and post after I get back tomorrow afternoon from errands/etc.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,866
    edited March 2014

BTW- it's not ALL the products, it's hit and miss. Some will show up in Products as just listed (title there, but nothing will come up)- for example, Rapture (for Genesis), but when I go in through the other way, still using Content Library but going in through People, she's there. All are DIM installed.

Post edited by Novica on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Yea, by data I mean the metadata. Since you imported it and then reinstalled daz studio, you'd need to import it again.
    Ok, I don't use the smart content, but I do happen to have Rapture. Do these files exist in the runtime Genesis/Rapture are installed to?

/Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_17309_Rapture_for_Genesis.dsa
    /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_17309_Rapture_for_Genesis.dsx
    /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_17309_Rapture_for_Genesis.jpg