3-month PC? Pros and cons?

3WC3WC Posts: 1,098
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just won some store credit in the freebie contest, and want to make my purchase count. I'm thinking of buying a 3 month PC membership. Is it worth it, or should I just make a one-time purchase of maybe something in my wishlist?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well, as someone who has been a member of the PC since it's inception, I don't think you will regret buying a 3 month membership. You will be surprised how much money you can save on PC item,s and DOs

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Only you can decide if it is worth it. We can say for us it is or isn't. But if you intend on buying more products that are PC items then I would say yes it is worth it, giving how much you will save. Take a PC product for around $16.00 if not a PC member, become a member at you could get 8 $1.99 or 3 $2.99 products for the same price. So over a 3 month period (depending on how much you buy) you could be saving more. On top of this you also get a free monthly PC item that non PC members don't get.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,000
    edited March 2014

The current iteration of PC is the best thing since sliced bread the previous version of PC was expensive if you let your subscription lapse, I was so happy when Daz changed the payment model..

The amount you save on items is incredible at the moment sitting in my cart are items totaling $189 with discounts and all it is down to $73.. With total saving from just PC is $32 so yeah if you make a lot of purchases here PC is the way to go..

But in the end it is totally up to you whether you do or not.. For me it is I have saved heaps especially when it comes to PC Only items and the figure bundles..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Nice to read the comments so far :)

I'd say if you've never been in the PC, definitely give it shot.. worst case you'll save some money, and get some cool freebies.. :)

• AristocAristoc Posts: 254
    edited March 2014

About a month ago they had a discount on the club memberships. I think it was about 10% off. I should have bought it then. It was a weekend when it happened and has since not returned. In the mean time I did get an annual membership. If you plan to acquire products here I would recommend it. The monthly $6 coupon alone covers the cost of the 12 month membership fee assuming you are going to make a purchase anyways. The quarterly membership works out to $96/year and the annual one is $70/year. So I went with the annual.

Post edited by Aristoc on
    edited December 1969

oh yeah I forgot about the $6 coupon for Daz Originals each month

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,098
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I was leaning toward getting it, I just needed these comments to push me over the edge.

edited December 1969

Push.....

I hope Jack catches you. :)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,787
    edited December 1969

If a penny saved is a penny earned, you can earn more than you spend in PC club. Which means that you have even more to spend so you can earn even more, so you have even more to spend so you can earn even more, etc. etc.. Eventually you'll end up as a billionaire.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,787
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Push.....

God damn the pusher... :P

edited December 1969

LOL psst wanna buy a PC membership

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,630
    edited December 1969

PC membership pays for itself in the first month. Its all about saving. If you purchase on a regular basis then it would be well worth the money.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,866
    edited December 1969

Also remember kit-bashing- with the outfits in the Platinum Club, you can have so many great combinations! The freebies and the $6 coupon a month make it a real steal. And when new bundles come out for the figures, it's REALLY a good deal.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    When I first came here, they had a little snippet on every item page saying how much the item would be if I were in the PC. It was pretty brutally obvious that if I wanted to buy stuff, I had to be a PC member first or I would be throwing away money. So my first purchase was, in fact, a PC membership.

Never looked back. The latest changes just make it even better, IMO.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

It's all about mathematics. The questions to ask are:

1. should you spend $70 on a membership and then buy products? or should you use the $70 to buy products instead of a membership?

Depends on how much you foresee you are going to purchase.

It doesn't matter how much % you 'save' on products. It has to do with the dollar amount saved. The dollar figure.

Rule: You will have to accumuilate enough in dollar savings (not %), to at least equal the $70 annual membership in order to just break even. Only after that are you beginning to truly save. Do you anticipate doing that?

There is also the psychological factor at play. Having a membeship may 'push' you to keep coming back and buying whereas on the other hand if you didn't have a membership you just might spend less. This is a big factor with respect t memberships of any kind in general. that's why they were created. It's marketing.

edited December 1969

joeinhose said:

1. should you spend $70 on a membership and then buy products? or should you use the $70 to buy products instead of a membership?

It doesn't matter how much % you 'save' on products. It has to do with the dollar amount saved. The dollar figure.

Rule: You will have to accumuilate enough in dollar savings (not %), to at least equal the $70 annual membership in order to just break even. Only after that are you beginning to truly save. Do you anticipate doing that?

There is also the psychological factor at play. Having a membeship may 'push' you to keep coming back and buying whereas on the other hand if you didn't have a membership you just might spend less. This is a big factor with respect t memberships of any kind in general. that's why they were created. It's marketing.

I saved my up front membership in the first shop I did after becoming a member, after that it was savings all the way for the rest of the year. We were having a competition in one thread over on another forum (DAZ 3D didn't have forums at that time) as to who could manage to save the most money in one transaction, it was fun. OK Spending wasn't so concentrated after that preliminary splurge, but I haven't ever regretted joining the PC, and I doubt I ever will.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

I'll admit that this is not a typical case - this was during the club-members-only sale last October, everything on the order was a Daz Original or a Platinum Club item, and one of the items was free that week if you were a Platinum Club member - but the attached screenshot shows that it's possible to save more than the annual membership fee in a single order.

I suspect somebody else could show off an even larger savings, but I'm already into the "gravy" after a single purchase.

Clipboard01.png
    891 x 618 - 21K
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    I'll admit that this is not a typical case - this was during the club-members-only sale last October, everything on the order was a Daz Original or a Platinum Club item, and one of the items was free that week if you were a Platinum Club member - but the attached screenshot shows that it's possible to save more than the annual membership fee in a single order.

I suspect somebody else could show off an even larger savings, but I'm already into the "gravy" after a single purchase.

almost all of the items you have listed above in your post are presently 1.99 or 2.99. So did you really save?

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

joeinhose said:
    robkelk said:

almost all of the items you have listed above in your post are presently 1.99 or 2.99. So did you really save?

Over the cost of the non-members price, they sure did save :)

edited December 1969

joeinhose said:

I should correct my post above You have to save $70 in your Daz Originals only purchases before you break even. That means the dollar amount atributed to being a member. So the amount above the normal savings. You have to add the amounts up that the membership itself actually saves you. Not everything that is currently on sale is a Daz original so the membership doesn't make a difference for that. Unless it's specified in the sale.

There are other benefits of course like the already mentioned $6 coupon or being able to access the members forum.

Savings is a word created by marketers. It's all relative.

edited March 2014

joeinhose said:
    joeinhose said:

I should correct my post above You have to save $70 in your Daz Originals only purchases before you break even. That means the dollar amount atributed to being a member. So the amount above the normal savings. You have to add the amounts up that the membership itself actually saves you. Not everything that is currently on sale is a Daz original so the membership doesn't make a difference for that. Unless it's specified in the sale.

There are other benefits of course like the already mentioned $6 coupon or being able to access the members forum.

Savings is a word created by marketers. It's all relative.

And it has been proved time and time again that, providing you regularly buy content, that the PC membership pays for itself. 30% discount on DOs, $6 coupon each month, 3 or 4 items each week at $1.99 for members and one freebie for members each month. It doesn't take a lot to work it out.

If people who have been members since 2002 still find it worth while, it stands to reason that new members find even more value from it, because of the back catalogue.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited March 2014

Here's just a few of mine from the most recent PC sale back in October.
    The very last one is from the 1st or 2nd day of the sale alone. ;)

PCsaleDay1.png
    832 x 1506 - 157K
    PCsale3.png
    864 x 969 - 98K
    PCsale2.png
    864 x 969 - 88K
    PCsale1.png
    864 x 969 - 94K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on