Collective3d Cape Cod Style Home Coming This Week! [Commercial™]

Collective3dCollective3d Posts: 446
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey guys,

Hinted at it a bit in previous threads, but rumor is that the Collective3d Cape Cod Style Home is releasing later this week. The Cape Cod is a lower poly, exterior-only house, and for those of you who have been asking after the grass and sidewalks, those will be included with this set.

The set features a tidy little Cape Cod style house with an optional pediment above the front door, 5 different paint schemes as material presets, a white picket fence, and all the grass, sidewalks, driveway, and even a slice of the road! The lot is designed so it will interconnect with the lots of future releases to create seamless neighborhoods (including the Blue Collar set, which is still in development).

Also releasing this week is a bundle containing all the Blue Collar Bungalows, for those who haven't been able to pick those up yet. The bundle will include both the full interior version, as well as the five exterior-only variations.

And finally, since I like to leave these posts with a little bit of a teaser, I'll drop in a preliminary render of the Modern Home Exterior #1, which will be uploading to QA later tonight or tomorrow, and should be available sometime next month. This one will interconnect with the Cape Cod, and hopefully you guys dig the style of this house as much as I do. It's been a ton of fun to work on.

Modern_Home_Exterior_1_WIP_14.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
popup_5.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 356K
main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 402K

Comments

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

I am looking forward to this.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,614
    edited December 1969

This looks good.

Hopefully, you'll provide us with an obj version for Poser, Carrara and older DS versions.

You can never have too many buildings in your runtime!

• Collective3dCollective3d Posts: 446
    edited December 1969

According to Daz I am not able to provide raw OBJ files with the products, only full Poser conversions. Unfortunately, at this time I'm not able to schedule the extra time for those conversions.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    edited December 1969

Will there be a higher-poly version of Cape Cod with usable interior coming later? This looks very nice indeed.

• Collective3dCollective3d Posts: 446
    edited December 1969

My plans at the moment are to do a bunch of the exterior-only houses, as many as three a month, so people can rapidly build up really nice neighborhoods, and do a series of pre-planned full interior/exterior houses at about a rate or 3 or 4 a year (the Blue Collar Bungalow is the first of those, and Modern Home 2 is about half done).

In the process, I'll be looking at the exterior-only houses to see which are doing the best sales-wise, as well as checking out feedback here on the forums and on my blog, etc. If there is a particular exterior-only house that seems to be suited to it, I'll take that and do up an interior for it.

Most of the ones I'm doing as exteriors right now, though, are really tiny houses. The Blue Collar Bungalows are about 850 square feet, the Cape Cod is about 700 square feet, and the upcoming Modern Home Exterior 1 is only about 450 square feet per story (900 total). I was shocked to discover that the Modern Home Exterior 1 would actually fit inside the living room of the old ranch style house I used to live in.

So, with houses that small, it might be difficult to do a really useful interior. Although it seems to have worked out pretty well for the Bungalow. I'm actually really super happy with the way that one turned out.