Luxus and AOA Advanced Light sets ??

StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
edited December 1969 in The Commons

How does Luxus handle AOA's Advanced Ambient, Spot and Distant lights. Anybody tried them?

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

The features in the AoA lights make use of 3Delight. While the lights may be recognized as lights by Luxus or Reality, there is nothing in the lights them selves that will be of any bennefit to anyone using an external render engine that is not Renderman compliant.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    The features in the AoA lights make use of 3Delight. While the lights may be recognized as lights by Luxus or Reality, there is nothing in the lights them selves that will be of any bennefit to anyone using an external render engine that is not Renderman compliant.

Renderman and 3Delight will use the features, but the common free ones Aqsis and Pixie probably won't...so not even all Renderman compliant ones will.

Besides, most of the features of these lights aren't needed in Luxrender, Octane, Cycles or any other physically based renderer.

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Thank you both for the info.

• kimhkimh Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

I've been doing a test character in Luxus and trialed the new lights for a quick and easy setup. They work as I expected. I can't pass anything of real import because I was just rendering him for an idea of shape etc and had no background and sorry..can't post the image as it would be in violation of the nudity TOS

But there weren't any issues and the presets seemed to work okay (I tried several of them)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Basically, what you'll get is the same conversions as the standard lights...