Need some advice on how to make Clothes/Props for my DAZ characters.

vesbin_8238e8e9f3vesbin_8238e8e9f3 Posts: 49
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello, I don't post much, but I used DAZ everyday and have been for a few years now. I would really like to start making my own clothing and props to be use in DAZ, but not sure where to start, or what the best products are, I have Hexagon, and see a few tutorials out there (OK LOTS) but again hot sure where to start. Anyone here have any advice on programs they use, and where to begin, what tutorials I should look at etc...

Thanx so much

Patrick

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Find a modeller that works for you. Try all the free ones, try all the demos. Find one that you can afford and works for you. Hex may work well for you or you may hate it.

Once you find a modeller you can work with, learn to model. Don't expect to turn out complicated or top quality items out of the gate. Many modellers begin with simple props and work their way up.

After you learn to model, you will need to uv map and texture the model. If you are making a clothing item, you then need to learn to rig.

Or, if you can manage it, find someone who will texture and someone who will rig.

Mainly it's a matter of sitting down and learning how to model.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Vesbin said:
    Hello, I don't post much, but I used DAZ everyday and have been for a few years now. I would really like to start making my own clothing and props to be use in DAZ, but not sure where to start, or what the best products are, I have Hexagon, and see a few tutorials out there (OK LOTS) but again hot sure where to start. Anyone here have any advice on programs they use, and where to begin, what tutorials I should look at etc...

Thanx so much

Patrick

I use this -
    http://www.daz3d.com/dressshop

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969