Private Investigator - Updating Eldritch Seeker

Looking forward to someone updating or creating G8M clothing items to rival Luthbel's Eldritch Seeker outfit for G2M. The E.S. outfit is beyond fantistic, but an update or new product, suitable for fim noir or private dick-type scenes, would be most appreciated and a sure-fire commercial success. Few G2M outfits have been used as consistently, over 3 generations of Genesis males, as this one. My 2 cents, from someone who has already spent a small to medium-sized fortune here at Daz over the years!! Cheers all. And remember folks, in the end, it's ALWAYS because of the dame!  https://www.daz3d.com/eldritch-seeker

Comments

• I'd like to see that too, but I won't hold my breath.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,161

Yes, please! Eldritch seeker is one of the best outfits out there. A G8 version would be most welcome.

• Definitely need an updated Noir Detective look similar to Elderitch Seeker, preferably with a proper old school revolver to go with it. Too many of the revolvers for Daz are either magnums or old west six-shooters, No iconic .38 specials or other proper low-caliber revolvers you'd find in a noir or 30s setting. 

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

Long overdue :)

• is there something that keeps it from working on 8?
    I haven't tried but I do have it working on genesis (and really morphed genesis) mostly Justin but some Sam, also 
    first is not a render just a screen shot of the characters in the outfit
    second one is the trench coat, third one shirt and vest. 
    ----
    I must have lied to the fit to process? But it worked anyway. 

eldreick seeker genesis.jpg
    1197 x 1615 - 794K
    truck lights brighter 01f.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
    x8gti5g 2h1m just visible stuff 4kx2k number 2.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
  • is there something that keeps it from working on 8?
    I haven't tried but I do have it working on genesis (and really morphed genesis) mostly Justin but some Sam, also 
    first is not a render just a screen shot of the characters in the outfit
    second one is the trench coat, third one shirt and vest. 
    ----
    I must have lied to the fit to process? But it worked anyway. 

The clothing works fine, it's the holsters that get seriously warped on auto-fit.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

As Zombietaggerung pointed out the holsters do warp, but I've got around this by positioning the holsters rather than fitting them, then scaling, etc. to fit the character and pose - which is fiddly and time consuming but does work; then you can add the pistols to the holsters or the hands.

• ok, nice to know.. obviously my detective has good claws to not pull his guns. 
    ---
    And basically I'm using it as a nice 40s period outfit more than anything else, originally I was using the 30's working man stuff. 

• DripDrip Posts: 1,182

Somehow, I never took notice of this outfit before, but it's actually pretty amazing. A lot of pieces that make the outfit as a whole, but which are also perfect for kitbashing into other outfits. I think the first promo image gives the best impression of the possible combinations, and even then, that's only the tip of the iceberg for all the uses it has.

Oh, and it's on sale (only $8.99) right now, but that sale might run out any moment now..

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

It's a great outfit, probably one of the best mens button up shirts out there as far as design and detail.

• Funny thing is, with the product name they chose, when just presented with the name and not the images or the description, I find myself picturing some Cthulhu-mythos creature out stalking its prey or something.  That name just does NOT say "film-noir detective-clothes" to me!  :D :D

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

It's a great outfit, probably one of the best mens button up shirts out there as far as design and detail.

I picked this up largely due to the comments here.  Found I had to convert from a Gen2 figure but just happened to have the converter.  Ya, the holster or weapon didn't convert of course but wern't really after them anyway.

But if they're gonna convert, might as well go full tilt & make it dForce compatible as well. Yes?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721
    Doc Acme said:

I picked this up largely due to the comments here.  Found I had to convert from a Gen2 figure but just happened to have the converter.  Ya, the holster or weapon didn't convert of course but wern't really after them anyway.

But if they're gonna convert, might as well go full tilt & make it dForce compatible as well. Yes?

You could try it, but usually very detailed items, especially those with small bits like buttons and such that are not designed for dforce, don't usually work well with dforce in my experience.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Exactly, although I did get the Gunslinger outfit to work quite nicely yesterday in spite of the buttons.

• I just used it on g8 with just autofit.

clioMouthNewDance.jpg
    1669 x 1397 - 2M