Needing a car seat for a baby

BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 243
edited December 1969 in The Commons

First, I apologize for starting his thread since this question was asked two years ago. There were no responses to the other thread asking he same question, so I hope it is okay to reask. I looked high and low on the internet for a car seat for a small child and found nothing. I create a family that has a baby that is too old for a rear facing infant seat. I'm trying to kitbash my own, but is there is one already out there, then that would be better. To give a clearer idea of what I'm looking for, I included a picture.

th[5].jpg
366 x 366 - 15K

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

For kit-bashing, I'd probably start with searching ShareCG and Renderosity for 'space' chairs...captain's/starship/etc chairs...

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,419
    edited December 1969

Go to google images and type in "3d model car seat" and you will get a bunch of models you can check out. 3d Rivers and TurboSquid have several child car seats you can check out, just bare in mind they are not free or cheap.

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Oh well.... at least I tried.

BoosterSeat.png
    850 x 500 - 476K
  • BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    Oh well.... at least I tried.

I'd say that you succeeded:-)

edited December 1969

Not realy..., without belts it's not much of a safety device.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited March 2014

You could always add those in post, though. Black straps should be relatively easy to fudge. . Failing that, a bandolier or sash for another outfit might be a good place to start, and just conform those to the kid.

Post edited by ShaneWSmith on
    edited March 2014

You could always add those in post
    Exactly my idea, but I feel very comfortable in Photoshop and that's not for everybody

a bandolier or sash for another outfit might be a good place to start, and just conform those to the kid.

... and that's why I came up with this (genius) idea:
    Varsel's LoRez Royale Guard. -> the autofit worked almost great, just make the cloth transparent.

Still, the seat is not good: the child's head is not resting to the back of the seat. Maybe scaling down (making the kid look younger) will help...

ChildCarSeat.jpg
    700 x 800 - 105K
    Post edited by Tjeb on