20th Century Men's Hats

There were many wonderful styles of hats that men wore in the 20th century—well, at least in the first half of it—but they are hard to come by in the Daz universe. There are a few mostly decent ones (sorta) that come in outfit products, but it gets tiresome and expenseive to by outfits you'll never use just to get a hat (which in most cases is close, but not quite right).

I would sure be a customer if anyone came out with a nice variety of men's hats, with different textures for each style of hat and band.

I figure I'm probably a lonely drummer drumming, but there's my rat-a-tat-tat.

Comments

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    edited February 2020

Thanks. Will any of the existing converter products convert these to G8, and make the Amazing Hat useable with iRay—if you know?

Also, one of the hats I'm particularly looking for is the classic Homburg, which is not in any of the suggested products.  If anyone has any ideas for that please chime in.

Post edited by mavante on
  • mavante said:

Thanks. Will any of the existing converter products convert these to G8, and make the Amazing Hat useable with iRay—if you know?

If they don't autofit nicely - which they may not - just parent them to the figure's head. And most things are usable with Iray, just apply the uber shader and (maybe) add some grey to the diffuse channel.

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    mavante said:

If they don't autofit nicely - which they may not - just parent them to the figure's head. And most things are usable with Iray, just apply the uber shader and (maybe) add some grey to the diffuse channel.

Thanks very much, Chris.

And by the way, to anybody checking this thread who is interested: I did finally find a classic Homburg hat 3D model, over at CGTrader. I got is as an OBJ file with textures, but haven't tried importing it yet. I also got it as an fbx file, but since have read the blood-curdling threads on here about trying to import fbx (well, and OBJ, too, in some cases, but I seem to have better chances going that way—knock on wood).

• and which Homburg
    I find them listed in the round style and the style with the crease in the crown but no crease on the sides which apparently makes it a fedora. 
    ---
    But I be you could find a top you like and a bottom you like .. use the geo editor to slice and dice them and then parent them? or just export them as a single object and bring them back in.