More fantasy structures

jp1851jp1851 Posts: 25
edited February 2020 in Product Suggestions

Would love to see some new elvish and dwarven architecture and building structures and sets, that don't break the vram bank. Lots of sci fi and medival buildings and sets but the ones above are pretty scarce.

Post edited by jp1851 on

Comments

• are some of the old one smaller ... like mog ruth etc?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

Excellent suggestion. You can never have too many fantasy buildings.  Are you listening Stonemason?  (For those not familiar with his work, Stefan is known for his efficient use of both geometry and textures.)

Cheers,

Alex.

• jp1851jp1851 Posts: 25

Yes Stonemasons sets are great

• mirye/meshbox design .. did a lot of fantasy buildings..  they may be a little old by today's standards but are probably going to be much lower in graphic demand.
    ---
    I think you can have low overhead sets and high overhead sets but the quality will be lower or higher based on the graphic demand 
    ----
    but even with new ones, chop the building, move in close only do part or it. 
    ----
    or layout a scene to where you want it...
    ---
    then hide the people etc and just put in the time doing a long background render 
    ---
    then render all the other parts separately 
    ---
    the first picture which I could have done without the figure is 1.6 megs and took 40 minutes to render --- light source the lantern cranked way up
    the second only 300k  light source emiting globe 3 mins 
    the third image 100k light source lantern but much lower and a little pink in the light to help the icing 1 min
    the fourth image 10k just the lantern turned way way down 
    fifth image piled on top of each other in photoshop 
    ---
    I really didn't have to have anything but the gothic libary in the first render which probably would have made it go faster because the light would only have to interact with the bookcases and the table. 
    The others of course went faster because the light was only tracing off the lower number of faces. 
    ---
    and interesting question for liscencing, although it feels okay to me, 
    if you and I both own the same product that you want for the background 
    you could send me just a scene file with the high count model in it
    I could render the scene and then send that image back to you and you could render smaller parts of the same scene  that I didn't render --- characters in costumes etc,  to composite over that background? 

gothicTea6.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 850K
    gothicTea 6 neme.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 298K
    gothicTea 6 bottles 2.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 112K
    gothicTea 6 lantern.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 51K
    gothicTea 6 baseAll.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 863K
  • PLEASE give us modular fantasy structures and settings most of all. There is nothing more disappointing to buy a great set, to find it is just 1 large object that is difficult to take apart to create more custom looking sets.