Copying an object?

Sparkie ShockSparkie Shock Posts: 96
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey everyone. I'm very new to DAZ and I'm currently tearing out my hair trying to make a very simple object. I've made a sphere .. yay .. and I want to just copy and paste it so I've got 2. Nothing I do allows me to copy and paste this object. It's not appearing in the scene tab list when I apply a paste. What do I do to just copy an object??

You really would have thought this would be easy.

Would appreciate any help.

Using DAZ 4.6.2.118 for Mac OS X.9

Scott

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I've been out of the loop for a while, Just re-installed DS4.6. But, as I recall, you can simply save it to a preset file, and load the object multiple times that way... this is the way it's done. DS is not a modeller, so you can't simply copy/past objects. You can, however, copy/past object attributes quite easily.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Save as Scene Subset - so you can doubleclick to load.

• Sparkie ShockSparkie Shock Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Many thanks for your replies. I've come into this with no knowledge at all, and yet within a short time actually modelled quite a few scenes already. I've built a few simple objects .. amazing what you can do with spheres, cones and a whole lot of parameter riding :P

Again thanks for the help .. my little naughty comic project is coming together nicely. ::Rubs hands together and says quietly .."Excellent!"::