Parenting and joining objects to stuff

Sparkie ShockSparkie Shock Posts: 96
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey, so .. I'm not gonna explain what I'm trying to join to what .. needless to say it's naughty :P .. but I can't seem to figure out how to parent a thing correctly to another.

Example .. tried to attach or "parent" a hair piece to an actor. The hair didn't align correctly even though this is one of the hair models provided with Michael 5. Moving it around was useless because it kept changing direction of it's own accord .. I guess it's "Pointing" to something ... fair enough but why isn't it point to my actors head and attaching snuggly.

Then if I move the actor .. the hair piece stays in the same place.

Yeah I know, you're probably all face palming my rookie mistakes, and believe me I'm looking at the tutorial vids for answers. Just seems to me there really should be an easy way to attach stuff.

Another example .. a bracelet. Trying to line this up with my actors wrist took forever .. and of course the moment I move him everything goes awry. I understand how parenting and childing is supposed to work but in practise nothing is really fitting together ... to say nothing of the debacle I'm going through trying to fit genitalia to an actor. Looking at some of the amazing artwork people have done .. there's clearly an easier way to work.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Comments

• ssweetessweete Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

If these are made for the figure , look for fit to in the parameters tab, if no then you need to position and set the correct size for the character and then parent it,
    Example drag and drop hair to the figures head, braclet to figures for arm, naughty bits to the hip, ect...then when you pose the figure it will move with it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Are you parenting to the appropriate body part (head, forearm) or to the root of the figure?