[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• Imago said:
    Leana said:
    Imago said:

For example if it finds two files in Poses, one actual pose and one "material pose" (never understood that!) it would recognize their extensions (they are different)

Poser material poses in the Pose folder have the same extension as regular poses. They're a hack of pz2 pose presets, which is why they're located there (that was before Poser introduced their official material presets formats)

Perhaps it will have a "preview window" with everything listed and the user can select what they are and then install and create metadata. smiley

Probably it would be easier that way, in the end... A simple "tell me what it is and I'll do the rest for you" wink

But we are filling this thread with nonsense, better stop here. blush

This I could probably do someday.  The Content Wizard is already like a preview window.  The trick would be restricting what gets displayed.  So maybe there will be a Poser Content Wizard someday. laugh

• Lyoness said:

this sounds awesome!!! I cannot wait!

Thanks!  You won't be waiting long! smiley

• This I could probably do someday.  The Content Wizard is already like a preview window.  The trick would be restricting what gets displayed.  So maybe there will be a Poser Content Wizard someday. laugh

Someday = end of March Madness devil

• This I could probably do someday.  The Content Wizard is already like a preview window.  The trick would be restricting what gets displayed.  So maybe there will be a Poser Content Wizard someday. laugh

Someday = end of March Madness devil

Ack! No.  I don't think Someday means what you think it means.  laugh 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Woot!  Sounds like another great product. Thanks in advance of release. 

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874

I might have to talk to you @Imagosmiley

Whenever you want I'll be glad to be helpful. wink

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Does anyone have a script/utility that unzips rars and re-zips them as zips? 

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    Cybersox said:

I use WinRAR.  It is a free download.  Rar is the default, but it only takes clicking the radio button in front of "Zip" to change it.

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170
    Cybersox said:

If you have WinRAR, there is an option (Convert Archives) under the Tools menu pic that will do just that.  Select the RAR files and choose ZIP as the archive format (see snapshot) and that's it.

RAR-to-ZIP.png
    454 x 421 - 26K
  • Just curious River if the tool also has an uninstall feature to remove assets. As this bypasses the dim we can not use that tool to uninstall.

David

• Woot!  Sounds like another great product. Thanks in advance of release. 

You're welcome! smiley

• Imago said:

I might have to talk to you @Imagosmiley

Whenever you want I'll be glad to be helpful. wink

Thanks.

• Just curious River if the tool also has an uninstall feature to remove assets. As this bypasses the dim we can not use that tool to uninstall.

David

No, it does not have an uninstall feature.  I thought about it, but when I started getting into multiple products sharing the same file and making sure I didn't break it, I decided that would be too much right now.

gitika1 said:
    Cybersox said:

I use WinRAR.  It is a free download.  Rar is the default, but it only takes clicking the radio button in front of "Zip" to change it.

I normally use Izarc, which can do one conversion at a time, so I was actually looking for something that would batch convert a bunch of rars at once, as I've got several thousand products that came in rar. There are several online conversion sties that I trust as far as I can throw my refrigerator, but after looking around, it looks like Peazip and Haozip will both batch convert..  Anyone have any experience with either? 

Just curious River if the tool also has an uninstall feature to remove assets. As this bypasses the dim we can not use that tool to uninstall.

David

No, it does not have an uninstall feature.  I thought about it, but when I started getting into multiple products sharing the same file and making sure I didn't break it, I decided that would be too much right now.

Maybe one of your next products could be an upgrade to DIM that adds some of the features like uninstall for non DAZ products... Hey, you could call it Smart Transfer for DIM or the STD for short.:D       

• It's out... it's out! And in my cart laugh

• I’ve been waiting for years for someone to develop a script to create smart content. Woo hoo!!! Thank you. I would have paid just for that part, but the fact that this product does even more is awesome! Instantly bought.

Jason 

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    edited February 2020

So, installed. BUT, where is the Script? No product in smart content and no script under scripts...

Edit: Found it - sorry. "Filter by context" was checked angry

Post edited by Lothar Weber on
  • Callidus SimiaCallidus Simia Posts: 131
    edited February 2020

Very nicely done RiverSoftArt. This is going to be usefull.

Post edited by Callidus Simia on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

Just curious River if the tool also has an uninstall feature to remove assets. As this bypasses the dim we can not use that tool to uninstall.

David

Could Content Wizard be combined with https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist

to just add metadata to the packages and keep possibility to uninstall in DIM, when necessary.

I have some products from Rendo, which get updates pretty often, so having posiibility

to uninstall would be really nice.

• Artini said:

David

Could Content Wizard be combined with https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist

to just add metadata to the packages and keep possibility to uninstall in DIM, when necessary.

I have some products from Rendo, which get updates pretty often, so having posiibility

I have just purchased the Content Wizard, and will be looking at it later today and see how it can work with CPA.

• Cybersox said:

David

Maybe one of your next products could be an upgrade to DIM that adds some of the features like uninstall for non DAZ products... Hey, you could call it Smart Transfer for DIM or the STD for short.:D       

Ooooh, that is terrible! laugh

• It's out... it's out! And in my cart laugh

Great!  I look forward to hearing what you think.

• I’ve been waiting for years for someone to develop a script to create smart content. Woo hoo!!! Thank you. I would have paid just for that part, but the fact that this product does even more is awesome! Instantly bought.

Jason 

Thanks!  I hope you love it.

• Very nicely done RiverSoftArt. This is going to be usefull.

Thanks.  I certainly think so.  I hope you will too.

• Artini said:

David

Unfortunately, for the person creating the metadata it needs to be in Daz Studio (whether installed by CW or by other means).  The way that DS wants to add Smart Content is very circuitous and I found I needed it.   If you are the content owner and create new standard zips, it CAN be installed/uninstalled by DIM for other people.

• Artini said:

David

I have just purchased the Content Wizard, and will be looking at it later today and see how it can work with CPA.

Thank you @DoctorJellybean!  I look forward to hearing what you think.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    Artini said:

David

Thank you @DoctorJellybean!  I look forward to hearing what you think.

Thanks a lot.

• This just flew off the shelf when I saw this thanks my friend !!!

• This just flew off the shelf when I saw this thanks my friend !!!

You're welcome!  Please let me know how it goes.