DIM Questions

judee3djudee3d Posts: 171
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Well, I finally figured out how to work with Daz Install Manager, and now I love it! So much so that I removed all my old runtimes and am re-installing everything from scratch. I've already set up the external runtimes I want for Poser content (V4, etc) as I only want to include Genesis and G2, and other DS only files in my Content folder.

My question is, when there are more than one file of the exact same name listed in DIM, does that mean I bought it twice? Or does it mean I need to install both files? Sometimes they are not the same size.

In the case of plugins, etc, most of them have the plugin listed, then the same, with Public Build. Not public beta, Public Build. Example:

GoZ for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64)
and
GoZ for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64) Public Build

How do I know which one to install? I downloaded the files and checked the modified dates, and the Public Build is older than the one without mention of build, So I am assuming I install the regular one, not the Public Build? I just want to be sure before I install.

Also, while scripts install into my Daz Studio Content Directory, things like GoZ and Photoshop Bridge should be installed into my DS Directory, is that correct? Will the installer do this automatically, or do I have to point it each time?

What about things like Luxus? Measure Metrics, LAMH player - it's not always easy to tell if something is a plugin or a script, and most of the time, nothing on the product page says where to install. Do I just use the Plugins fileter and then assume anything not in that filter would be script?

Last question - if I only plan to use Genesis 1 and 2 in Daz Studio, is there any reason to download or install the Poser Companion files?

Thanks in advance. :-)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,019
    edited December 1969

"Public Build" is the beta, which hasn't been updated since before the production build so at the moment I wouldn't bother installing it.

If DIM can't find the installation for the application it will complain about missign paths - you need to define them in the Applications tab of preferences (gear at top right) for third party applications like ZBrush and Photoshop.

No, you don't need the Poser CF package for DS-only use.