Dforce Simulation Freezing Daz

Two days ago while working on a scene Daz Studio started to freeze every time I pressed Simulate. The counter gets to 1 second then says Not Responding and I have to force close. I'm useing clothes I have used many times in simulations before, only simulating one item and had been running simmulations of the exact same clothes in the exact same scene for hours before the issue cropped up with no problems at all.

I tried rebooting the program, didn't work, rebooting the PC didn't work, clearing the scene, didn't work, starting a new scene with just the figure and the clothing, didn't work, reset everything back to the defaults, didn't work, difrent clothes, didn't work, set the settings to the lowest possible (even though the higher levels worked fine three days ago), didn't work, let the damn thing sit at not responding "wait for program to respond" clicked for 9 hours, didn't work.

I changed nothing in the settings or on the computer between it working and not working, litterealy just tweaked the pose a bit and it stopped being able to simulate dforce. Anybody else have any ideas on what is going on or how to fix it?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,657

Is it any simulation, i.e. even if you try on a primitive?

And if so, you haven't updated your GPU driver?

• I just tried it with a primitive and it does the same thing.

Nothing was updated between it working and not working. I litteraly ran the simulation, saw that the fabric fell over the charachters fingers, tweaked the hand angle slightly so her hand would still be seen, ran it again and it froze, now it freezes every time at 1 second.

It also still renders fine, just wont run the dforce simulation.

I must say, it is not something I have ever seen or heard of before, so I don't really have any good suggestions.

Although you could try downlaoding the beta, and see how that works.

• Perhaps a silent (to you) driver update?

• Perhaps a silent (to you) driver update?

I checked the drivers and they are still good. I'm uninstalling and re-installing Daz now to see if that helps.

Thank you guys for your help!

• well, uninstalling and re-installing didn't work either.

If you in the Simulation Settings tab go to the advanced settings, I would assume that it pointed at your GPU. You could try to change it to the CPU if it make any difference.

• I tried flipping between the settings there as well, no luck. I re-downloaded the drivers as well, just incase, still not working.

I am out of suggestions.

Maybe if you looked in the log file, the last entry can give a clue to which activity is ongoing, and thereby why this is happening.

• "2020-02-28 16:56:27.493 Spring(7427, 13211) of node "RFO Shirt Closed" extended: rest length < collsion offset (0.188379 < 0.20001)" is the last thing in the log before the start up stuff. It verries depending on what I'm trying to simulate for example, the first one to fail was"Spring(13837, 15652) of node "Universal Dress" extended: rest length < collsion offset (0.142232 < 0.20001)". It looks like it just stops, no reason, no error message.

So basically it stops in the middle of the simulation.

I do not know if you have tried the beta, but when you have reinstalled Das Studio, I can't really imagine why the beta should solve it.

You can try raising a trouble ticket to Daz. Maybe some from their tech department can figure out why it stops.

• Thank you for your help. I have submitted a ticket to the help desk. I will update this thread if I get this issue solved.

• Well, I opened a ticket that has been completely ignored. To bad I cant get a refund on the d-force items I've purchased.

• Well, I opened a ticket that has been completely ignored. To bad I cant get a refund on the d-force items I've purchased.

When did you open the ticket?

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

It sounds like the driver is messed up. I'd get DDU, uninstall your graphics driver and install a fresh copy from Nvidia.

On the 28th. Aftera over a week I got an e-mail  about a back log of tickets. 

• It sounds like the driver is messed up. I'd get DDU, uninstall your graphics driver and install a fresh copy from Nvidia.

I tried that as well, no dice.

On the 28th. Aftera over a week I got an e-mail  about a back log of tickets. 

The back log is a real issue, especially for Tech Support tickets. The email at least confirms you are in the queue.

• I would agree, except I got it after hours, and right after I posted my complaint in here about not getting any help.

• So, I got frustrated enough that I just took a "salting the earth" approuch to fixing the problem. I did a complete factory reset of my computer. I wiped the entire machine and re-installed Windows. Re-installed Daz and dforce is working again. Not sure what the problem was orginally but this has fixed the issue for now.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Glad ya got it going again, but Jeez... Did  the original problem co-incide with any sort of Windows update?

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

So, I got frustrated enough that I just took a "salting the earth" approuch to fixing the problem. I did a complete factory reset of my computer. I wiped the entire machine and re-installed Windows. Re-installed Daz and dforce is working again. Not sure what the problem was orginally but this has fixed the issue for now.

There are a limited number of things could have been wrong. It was either OpenCL, Daz or some of the Windows infrastructure connecting the two, mostly the registry.

• My guess is something inthe registry as well since I couldn't do the standard factory re-set, I got an error. I had to download windows 10 on to a flashdrive and do a full OS re-install. It is working now though. 

This didn't co-incide with a windows update, it worked, I moved a hand a bit , then it didn't work. Wipeing the computer wasn't that bad, I backed up my images and I only have three programs isntalled on my computer any way.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

My guess is something inthe registry as well since I couldn't do the standard factory re-set, I got an error. I had to download windows 10 on to a flashdrive and do a full OS re-install. It is working now though. 

This didn't co-incide with a windows update, it worked, I moved a hand a bit , then it didn't work. Wipeing the computer wasn't that bad, I backed up my images and I only have three programs isntalled on my computer any way.

Ah.  Technical term for all of that is "Evil Spirits".

• My problem right now that I'm having is it is simulating...but it's doing a start/stop thing. It has been going on for about 10 minutes now. It will simulate for a few seconds, then stop and the progress windows goes white, says (not responding) only for it to resume for a few seconds and go back to (not responding). I'm up to date on everything. Not understanding why this is happening.

• I had the same issue, turns out Daz automatically switched my engine from my nvidia GPU to my CPU without reason and without telling me. Always check your settings guys, Daz is petty sometimes.