[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

18910111214»

Comments

• leonardo.chiarotti said:

Hello @RiverSoftArt

I'm somewhat new to Daz, so this is likely an oversight on my part. I have the same/similar issues with the eye area as many others have pointed out, however I am not sure about the process of deleting the head morph to try the conversion again and get it down to an acceptable level. In my "Vendor Name/Product Name" folder, there are no files starting with FHM. I only have a CTRL-RSC file and a RSGF file. Deleting those and trying again with different conversion options/lower tolerance values does not fix the issues with the conversion.

I am using the Custom Character Converter script, as this is the only character I have in my library. Following the exact process on the PDF manual. I have attached a few screenshots as well.
    Thanks in advance

Please put the Viewport in Smooth Shaded mode if you need to show a nude figure.

• aldarri_s said:

EDIT Found the checkbox, converted in no time, thanks.

Hello, I am, too, converting Keiko 6 to G8 generation, and it worked the first time just as expected in under five minutes.

Then, I deleted the newly created file, and restarted the process (plan to do it with all Keiko6 derived G2 characters).  However, the conversion is going for twenty minutes, and it sounds like the converter is no longer using the GPU.  Restart did not help.  Was there a checkbox that I accidentally checked or not checked?

Also, is it supposed to go through every morph on the G2 list?  I thought it will only copy the head and the body.

I am not sure which checkbox you are referring to (perhaps overwrite morphs)?  Having the script overwrite the morphs is VERY slow.

• Hi Riversoft,

While using your G3 Female to G8 Character converter,  the Zero Figure Shape Dialog Box pops up about halfway through the process. (see attached)  This happened over multiple conversion attempts on different G3 characters. I don't recall this happening the last time I used the converter.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Restore.png
    745 x 268 - 60K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199

Night Owl 3D said:

Hi Riversoft,

While using your G3 Female to G8 Character converter,  the Zero Figure Shape Dialog Box pops up about halfway through the process. (see attached)  This happened over multiple conversion attempts on different G3 characters. I don't recall this happening the last time I used the converter.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

That is due to a change in recent Daz Studio versions. You probably want to choose Restore,  but RiverSoftArt may have a better answer for you.

• barbult said:

Night Owl 3D said:

Hi Riversoft,

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

That is due to a change in recent Daz Studio versions. You probably want to choose Restore,  but RiverSoftArt may have a better answer for you.

Correct.  Daz changed the behavior of an action that makes this stupid popup occur in recent versions of Daz Studio.  In my copious free time, I need to go back and fix this.  I am pretty sure you should select zero (for the CLOTHING converters, restore will work too).  From my reading of the code, it looks like at that step we wanted the From Figure to go back to a vanilla G3 female and restore would not work.

• RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

Night Owl 3D said:

Hi Riversoft,

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Correct.  Daz changed the behavior of an action that makes this stupid popup occur in recent versions of Daz Studio.  In my copious free time, I need to go back and fix this.  I am pretty sure you should select zero (for the CLOTHING converters, restore will work too).  From my reading of the code, it looks like at that step we wanted the From Figure to go back to a vanilla G3 female and restore would not work.

Thank you both for the quick reply!