Can Carrara work on Mac OS Catalina?

I am upgrading all my Macs. The new machines will have OS Catalina. I read on the DAZ site specs Carrara does not work on Catalina. Can any one confirm this. If so, will Carrara be upgraded. I use Carrara on some pretty major projects. I would like to continue.

bsP5F29.jpg
2400 x 1800 - 2M
Moses 3.jpg
2400 x 3429 - 4M
QR Marketing Card 2018.jpg
1688 x 2588 - 2M

Comments

• There have been a few discussions about Catalina. Try starting here  

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5213341/#Comment_5213341

• msolomonmsolomon Posts: 209

Thanks, will do.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

upgrading is unlikely as people are routinely told Carrara is no longer in development when making queries about issues.

I now have just resigned myself to keeping one machine in my case Windows 7 I don't upgrade to run Carrara and other older programs on in the event it stops working.

I myself am actively trying to learn other software such as Unreal Engine and Blender because DAZ studio and Poser alone simply do not meet my needs.

upgrading is unlikely as people are routinely told Carrara is no longer in development when making queries about issues.

I now have just resigned myself to keeping one machine in my case Windows 7 I don't upgrade to run Carrara and other older programs on in the event it stops working.

I myself am actively trying to learn other software such as Unreal Engine and Blender because DAZ studio and Poser alone simply do not meet my needs.

I have come to the same conclusion. I must admit, I have become dependant on the unique tool set that Carrara has. I haven't found a single app that is a full featuered 3D suite + run DAZ content nativly. Oh well, moving on. Can you tell me a bit about your Unreal and blender experiance so far? Is Blender as difficult to use as it used to be?  

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807

I'm running Mojave and it works well except for a few issues that I work around. My plan once it stops working on the Mac is to virtualize an old OS using parallels. That way I can use a modern operating system alongside Carrara. 

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807

I'm running Mojave and it works well except for a few issues that I work around. My plan once it stops working on the Mac is to virtualize an old OS using parallels. That way I can use a modern operating system alongside Carrara. 

That sounds like a great solution but I am growimng a team of animators. I was going to teach them Carrara but that can't happen now. So I need a replacement or replacements that will offer a smooth team work flow.