strange animation issue?

dinosaurmad87dinosaurmad87 Posts: 114
edited March 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi everyone just created a pecking attack animation on a Dimorphodon model. I started the pose on a 90 degree angle and created it from 0 to 120 frames on the timeline, did all the animate2 stuff as usual but when I played it back on the animate2 timeline it worked on just a 1 second time slot, but after 1 second it seems to change from 1 angle to the other on each second of the timeline.

Does anyone know why it's doing this as can't figure it out?

Chears, Ian. :)

P.s I'm using 5 of the same model in 1 scene so I need them in different angles.

Post edited by dinosaurmad87 on

Comments

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

animate2 has known rotation issues never solved by gofigure

• chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited March 2014

Are you repeating/looping the aniblock i.e. extending it by dragging it? If yes make sure reorient loops is on. Try the different options e.g. reorient on right foot, left foot etc.... Also try turning off the reorient loop. The other option is not to extend the aniblock, but copy the first one and paste the copy it right after the first aniblock. This time try reorient start, try the different options as stated previously. Furthermore, you can also adjust the facing direction off-set (rotate angle) so it is identical or as close to the same angle as possible.

There are more options such as changing ore adding timeline layers with override option or adding/re-targeting the start, but try the above options first.

Also how are you setting the original angles? You can use aniMate's facing direction or figures body rotation (AniMate does not effect the body rotations or translations). You cannot use the hip rotations because those will be reset by the aniblock, unless they are done in a blank aniblock on a separate override layer. I would use the aniblock facing direction, because you would have to track/manage the body rotations key-frames separately using the DS timeline or keyMate.

Post edited by chorse on