DOMINA - Character and Outfit Related Questions.

ShiftingImagesShiftingImages Posts: 67
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi Everyone,

I'm opening this topic for those who have a product related question in mind :)

A few questions I have encountered so far:

1. Will the product work in Poser:

The product doesn't come with Poser compatible files but it can be made Poser compatible with DSON Conversion. However, the user will then be entasked with the conversion of each one of the figures and materials. It's not advisable unless the user is experienced with material conversions from Daz 3D to Poser. The product can certainly function in Poser but it's not the intended software to be paired with the product. The aim was to promote the synergy between Daz 3d, Reality and Lux Renderer which is just sublime in my own humble opinion.

2. Where can I get the hair and item she is wearing In the character promo renders:

I browsed the forums a bit and I believe the hair part has already been addressed. Yes, its a heavily modified version Dream Hair.
As for the two piece set, the underwear is a part of the Domina Outfit Package. For the top, I can upload it as a freebie ;)

3. Who is this character based on:

She is based on the model in the uploaded image. I don't know who that model is and I'd love to know her name ;)

Thanks!

Bold-Eyebrow-Tattoos-For-Women.jpg
750 x 750 - 44K

Comments

• msorrelsmsorrels Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

I think it's Vika Falileeva. The shot is maybe from backstage at Jason Wu Spring 2013. Google searches for images is often tricky though.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,313
    edited March 2014

And yet Domina bears a much more STRIKING resemblance to Devin Kelley, IMHO. ;-)

I was watching ABC's new series Resurrection and was thinking, "Man, where have I seen her (Maggie) before?" Turns out she made me think of Domina.

Devin_Kelley_Domina.jpg
    214 x 317 - 12K
    Domina_promo_1.jpg
    350 x 455 - 30K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the answers!

I think she looks real. Whoever she is. LOL
    I am not interested in Reality (I prefer Luxus), but I am interested in realistic looking characters (when I am not falling for cute dollies, LOL).

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

An outstanding character. In my cart. Unfortunately, no new purchases for about two weeks. Will be getting her when I return.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I think you included Reality material settings, but I don't know how to load them as they're not preloaded into the ACSEL exchange. Any tips would be appreciated.

cheers

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited March 2014

Jabba101 said:
    I think you included Reality material settings, but I don't know how to load them as they're not preloaded into the ACSEL exchange. Any tips would be appreciated.

cheers

I guess you fire up reality with Domina in the scene, select all her surfaces and then click the grey box that says 'shader operations' (roughly to the far right of the middle of the reality window). There you select 'Load Shaders' and just browse to the folder that holds the reality materials (I think the standard path for Dominas reality materials is Content -> General -> Shifting Images -> SI DOMINA -> !DOMINA ALL).

Post edited by Barubary on
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    Jabba101 said:

cheers

I guess you fire up reality with Domina in the scene, select all her surfaces and then click the grey box that says 'shader operations' (roughly to the far right of the middle of the reality window). There you select 'Load Shaders' and just browse to the folder that holds the reality materials (I think the standard path for Dominas reality materials is Content -> General -> Shifting Images -> SI DOMINA -> !DOMINA ALL).Yes indeedy!!!

One of those things I forgot because I've never had cause to use it much in the past... thanks!

• ShiftingImagesShiftingImages Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Hi msorrels! Thanks for the info.

Hi Kerya and nobody1954. Appreciate the compliments :)

Hi Jabba101,

I figured we would run into questions such as the one you posted. There should be a manual called domina-reality-user-guide.pdf included in your download. It's a step by step guide on how to apply the provided Reality Compatible Materials. I hope it addresses your query :)

Hi Barubary,

Thanks for addressing the question as well.

edited December 1969

Ah yes instructions - it never even crossed my mind to check for instructions with a character, and they're nice and clear too!

Who knows, maybe next time I'm driving with the map upside down, I might even stop and ask for directions :lol:

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited April 2014

1. Will the product work in Poser:

The product doesn't come with Poser compatible files but it can be made Poser compatible with DSON Conversion. However, the user will then be entasked with the conversion of each one of the figures and materials. It's not advisable unless the user is experienced with material conversions from Daz 3D to Poser. The product can certainly function in Poser but it's not the intended software to be paired with the product. The aim was to promote the synergy between Daz 3d, Reality and Lux Renderer which is just sublime in my own humble opinion.

I have purchased the bundle to use it in Poser and the only things that do not work are the skirt (it deforms when imported in Poser via the DSON importer) and the Domina Sub-Surface Scattering Utility Settings.

Of course the DS skin and clothing materials need some tweaking in Poser.

Post edited by Unseen on
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited June 2014

I'm kind of disappointed in the blurriness of the textures. They don't look to be true 4096. They look to be more resized to that scale than actually be that resolution. Sorry to say so.
    Oh, and I do believe that the Normal Maps are missing from the texture folder.

Post edited by Mr Bowen on
  • ShiftingImagesShiftingImages Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Hi Mr. Bowen,

I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, the actual texture itself is not the most detailed. However, I do like it when the details themselves appears, not in the texture map but in the actual renders due to the combination of texture, bumps and specular maps. Also, I'd have to include that it is not the a resized smaller version of a texture but a direct import from Zbrush :)

The Normal Map material application also uses DAZ's Victoria 6 Normal Map. Unfortunately, it cannot be redistributed. It will however be applied if the V6 Normal Maps are installed in the Daz folder :)

With that said, I do understand that Domina's texture sets are not the sharpest in the market. which is why I will be incorporating even more details for the next set :)

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Please don't over do it with details, Sometimes less is better for more versatility. I personally have a preference for semi-realistic textures. Too much details on a texture set really limits its use for me, especially if they are not optional. I have no desire to count pores.

• rkinseyrkinsey Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

I'm very disappointed I didn't see this first. I was fooled by the DSON installer referenced on the page. I thought the character was usable in Poser. I see the first post but unfortunately I have no idea how to convert it to Poser. The product page should clearly state that it doesn't have the usual installer to make it compatible with poser.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,052
    edited December 1969

People (DS and poser users alike) really need to understand that DSON is the format used by DS4.5+, and not something that means "it will work in Poser".
    Regarding this product, it lists only DS as compatible software, not "Poser via DSON importer". There are no poser materials listed in the description, and no poser companion file in the file list. So it is actually pretty clear that there is no poser support IMO.
    I'm sorry you got disappointed though. If you bought the product less than 30 days ago you can get a refund.

• rkinseyrkinsey Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the response. I do appreciate it. I know it's my own ignorance for not realizing how the DSON program works. I am disappointed that it isn't Poser compliant. With the current sale I've tried a few of the newer generation items. The product looks beautiful. I wasn't trying to disparage it, just wishing it had been labeled as such specifically as not for Poser. Most products usually are usable with Poser. I'm sorry for being a bother. Thank you again for your kind attention.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,052
    edited December 1969

rkinsey said:
    Thank you very much for the response. I do appreciate it. I know it's my own ignorance for not realizing how the DSON program works. I am disappointed that it isn't Poser compliant. With the current sale I've tried a few of the newer generation items. The product looks beautiful. I wasn't trying to disparage it, just wishing it had been labeled as such specifically as not for Poser. Most products usually are usable with Poser. I'm sorry for being a bother. Thank you again for your kind attention.
    I know you were not saying anything negative towards the product, and your error was totally understandable.
    I can assure you you're not the only user who thought "includes DSON Files" meant "Compatible with Poser", I've even seen DS users in the forum saying that DSON files were for Poser and you didn't need them for DS... I suppose it's due to the "DSON importer for Poser" name.
  • zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 671
    edited December 1969

Gogger said:

And yet Domina bears a much more STRIKING resemblance to Devin Kelley, IMHO. ;-)

I was watching ABC's new series Resurrection and was thinking, "Man, where have I seen her (Maggie) before?" Turns out she made me think of Domina.

Funny, I always thought Domina was meant to be a shout-out to Liv Tyler.

Shows how much I know. :-P

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

she is one of my favorite characters bought the bundle when first released any plans for a g3 version or similar?

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460

I actually thought she was modelled on Lena Heady. Still, a really nice character and texture.

CHEERS!