was bryce your first 3d program

hi

i was a tower records and saw a 3d magazine and there is was bryce it was like a dream come true fliping the pages and seeing

something you could make in 3d then i got the program and still use it to this day but i have to buy some new add ons soon its my fav 3d program

it has that time less of later 80s to 90s great feel to it 

thanks

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,998

Bryce was also my first 3D program too, then Wings 3D, a beautiful, very relaxing hobby playing with Bryce.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

I started with the free TerraGen, I couldn't afford Bryce at the time. But I finally managed to purchase Bryce 5.01 from Corel - and have been an enthusiastic Bryce user since then.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

No. Sadly, i only ever found out about Bryce relatively recently.
    That being said, perhaps my first 3d software was Poser 4. I was introduced to it before anything else, so maybe this is why i stay loyal and interested to all these things through the years.

First "modelling software", though, could be witnessing 3D Studio (MAX) in the highschool classes, but also perhaps so-called "Level Editors" for 3D videogames which were, essentially, 3d toolkits for creating interior/exterior environments, just with more limited modelling options, though some came with modelling apps ass well, like XSI Softimage Mod Tool. In 90s and 00s games often used those special 3d editors because of technical stuff with how engines worked, but nowodays 90% of games just import scenes from Maya or Blender, i believe. Still, i'm always inpsired what people were/are doing in those "level editors", very impressive despite limitations.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

I started with the free TerraGen ... later I found the free DazStudio 1.something and because of DazStudio I found Daz3d and then bought Bryce because ... just because. LOL

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

Bryce 1 was my first. And while 3D may be a drug, that first 'fix' was very definitely not free ...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2020

Bryceing was my first love
    And it will be my last.
    Bryceing of the future
    And Bryceing of the past.

To live without my Bryce now
    Would be impossible to do.
    In this world of troubles,
    My Bryceing pulls me through.

I was working in London at the time,had just done a big jump in computer status, moving directly from an Amstrad with CP/M which I had used mainly for Office style work to a 486 DX2 66 which Himself accepted in payment for a loan from his nephew,  who had run short of the readies in his attempt to build his own business. It came with Corel Draw and Corel photopaint  original discs which had not been installed or registered and a desktop publishing program,  so I got interested in Graphics. Started using a little computer shop in Baker Street  and the guys there got me interested in Bryce,  which they had installed on a Mac in the shop.   Long story cut short, waited impatiently until Bryce 2 came out which became a major part of my life ever since.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • i still have a big book that i got from a book store about byrce some where just home the wife didnt sell it

in her yard sells , oh boy got to start hunting the boxes

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983
    edited March 2020

_ and  Alias|Wavefront Maya 4 PLE _  _

Post edited by ed3D on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817
    edited March 2020

no

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited March 2020

_ and 

Post edited by ed3D on
    ed3D said:

_ and 

well I guess the real answer is no then

edited March 2020
    ed3D said:

_ and 

well I guess the real answer is no then

_ and ,  decided Not to make remark

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited March 2020

NM

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited March 2020

I just answered the question

NOT  my  meaning in the lest little bit  _

Post edited by ed3D on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Yes, Bryce was my first 3D-love. I started much later than some of you (e.g. Chohole or Horo), with Bryce 5.0, I think. I dabbled a bit in Blender around the same time, without ever really using it, but I started with Bryce.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Bryce was my first 3d Programm and my first love too. I started with Bryce 5,5, then I realized that I also needed Figures; so I bought Poser (7. Version was it at this time) and learned to work with.

That began at 2008. And, Bryce has remained my love until today. And I don't think that this will change.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

No. That honour goes to POVRay.

• Bryce 1 was my first and still favorite 3D application.

edited March 2020

I feel the same about Bryce spending most of my leisure time Brycing, so took the liberty to do this render. Normally I’ll do something like this in Photoshop by tried it in Bryce using an older render of the Simplon Hdri and added the raft.

bryce3d.jpg
    900 x 675 - 90K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

I feel the same about Bryce spending most of my leisure time Brycing, so took the liberty to do this render. Normally I’ll do something like this in Photoshop by tried it in Bryce using an older render of the Simplon Hdri and added the raft.

Oh   that's great,   I shall save that,   thank you

Absolutely beautiful your text Chohole and what you, mermaid, made of it. Bryce earned it!

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

hey.... that is really beautiful. Text and Image, very well done. I love it.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Chohole, Mermaid: Text and render are great!

Thanks for all the nice comments smiley

I have to be honest and say that my text was really written by John Miles and I changed "Music"  to "Bryce"   Came out in 1975.  blush

Chohole - the idea counts.

• MatCreatorMatCreator Posts: 215

I started using Bryce in 1998 along with Poser. Renders of spheres over water and sometimes an object modeled from wings3d imported. Still learning how to use it and all its features, but of all my 3d programs it has been my favorite for creating imagery. Admittedly, its not the "best", and I like the features of Carrara exponentially more, but the dreamy surreal look of its output is perfect for me and my style.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Amorphium was my 1st 3D program,  Bryce # 2,  Poser #3,  Ray Dream Studio #4

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

I started using Bryce in 1998 along with Poser. Renders of spheres over water and sometimes an object modeled from wings3d imported. Still learning how to use it and all its features, but of all my 3d programs it has been my favorite for creating imagery. Admittedly, its not the "best", and I like the features of Carrara exponentially more, but the dreamy surreal look of its output is perfect for me and my style.

My Spheres Over Water, way back when.

11666179_907227409363755_1335770954965352085_n.jpg
    960 x 720 - 72K
  • santi010santi010 Posts: 12

After years with the Amiga 2000 & Amiga 3000, using scene generator, i tried the first versions of Bryce for PC. With a PentiumPro 200, the renders are agonic, but its handling was very simple and very good results. Currently, shop & working with the last version.

My Gallery: anima3d.org

for free :)