macOS Catalina and Victoria 4.2 installation

I'm hoping to find a solution here aside from changing to Windows :) . DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command did not work to have morphs work for V4.2. DzCreateExPFiles doesn't work anymore now that Catalina does not run 32bit applications. 

Please help. 

Comments

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556
    edited March 2020

Hmmm.. When I was using Poser under Mac OS (it's been a few years) I ended up installing all the files by hand: opening up the SIT files and manually copying all the files around (folder by folder...). Content installs took forever. I lived through the PowerPC to Intel migration and it took a while for installers to catch up. Or is there a script that has to run? It's been a long time since I installed V4.

Someone else may have a better answer for you.

Post edited by rrward on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

Poser or DS? In with DS the powerloader feature you don't actually need to run that script anymore AFAIK.

• Leana said:

Poser or DS? In with DS the powerloader feature you don't actually need to run that script anymore AFAIK.

Poser 11.2. I've used Poser since it was owned by MetaCreations. 

Thanks for any help you provide. 

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Maybe you could try in the Renderosity Poser forums, there are more Mac/Poser users than here:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2944407

• Thanks!! I'll do that.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

I'm hoping to find a solution here aside from changing to Windows :) . DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command did not work to have morphs work for V4.2. DzCreateExPFiles doesn't work anymore now that Catalina does not run 32bit applications. 

Please help.

Did you file a Support Ticket here?

• WandW said:

Please help.

I did a week ago. Just waiting patiently. 

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    WandW said:

Please help.

I did a week ago. Just waiting patiently. 

Good luck - they usually do answer, but it takes time ...

I just read this at Rero:

The problem is that the "DzCreateExPFiles.app" is 32 bit and Apple has discontinued support for 32bit software. If you are running Catalina or later, you appear to be out of luck unless DAZ updates their app. You can tell from your screen shot because the app icon has a circle with a line through it superimposed on the icon.

• krbishopkrbishop Posts: 0

I confirm the DzCreateExPFiles.app is still not up to date for Mac OS X  10.15. I have a lot of Michael, Victoria, and Freak content, including Morphs.

NoGo.png
    796 x 850 - 157K