[Released] InstaEdit - Edit instances in your viewport with a single right click [Commercial]

13»

Comments

• Callidus SimiaCallidus Simia Posts: 131
    edited November 2023

jjoyner said:

@Callidus Simia - Hello again.  I bought InstaEdit yesterday and began exploring it today.  I can edit an instance but when I try to edit an instance inside a group, I’ve run into a dead end.  I think I have followed the instructions on pages 8, 9 and 16 of the reference guide.  I created a group of three sphere instances and a null object and positioned the null object at the center of the group of instances.  When I right click on the null object, I only get the standard Daz Studio (ver 4.21 Pro) menu and not a menu with two InstaEdit options.  See the attached screen capture.

Any guidance that you can provide to get me past this impasse will be appreciated.  Thanks.

You're creating a few instances and putting them inside a group, which is different from grouping together the same instances together (confusing I know, thanks to DAZ)

Select your spheres, Edit -> Instances -> Group Like Sibling Instances

Then move your null to middle of one of the instance, and try again with right clicking on the Null object

Hope this helps

K.

Capture.JPG
    1399 x 862 - 111K
    Post edited by Callidus Simia on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874
    edited November 2023

Hi,

Is this Null object created automatically by InstaEdit?

I have tried InstaEdit on UltraScenery scene.

Have applied InstaEdit to one of the tree in the scene and ungrouped proxies.

Despite moving around one of the tree proxies, it was no effect on the render.

The tree proxy was moved to a different place,

but on the render tree was still in the previous position.

What am I doing wrong?

How to edit trees or the other props on the terrains created with UltraScenery?

Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

Hi,

Is this Null object created automatically by InstaEdit?

I have tried InstaEdit on UltraScenery scene.

Have applied InstaEdit to one of the tree in the scene and ungrouped proxies.

Despite moving around one of the tree proxies, it was no effect on the render.

The tree proxy was moved to a different place,

but on the render tree was still in the previous position.

What am I doing wrong?

How to edit trees or the other props on the terrains created with UltraScenery?

You need to create the null object yourself, Create -> New Null, then move the null into the middle of the grouped instance

See page 8 of the pdf for more information

Hope this helps

K

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

Ok, thanks. Will try again.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 484

Callidus Simia said:

jjoyner said:

@Callidus Simia - Hello again.  I bought InstaEdit yesterday and began exploring it today.  I can edit an instance but when I try to edit an instance inside a group, I’ve run into a dead end.  I think I have followed the instructions on pages 8, 9 and 16 of the reference guide.  I created a group of three sphere instances and a null object and positioned the null object at the center of the group of instances.  When I right click on the null object, I only get the standard Daz Studio (ver 4.21 Pro) menu and not a menu with two InstaEdit options.  See the attached screen capture.

Any guidance that you can provide to get me past this impasse will be appreciated.  Thanks.

You're creating a few instances and putting them inside a group, which is different from grouping together the same instances together (confusing I know, thanks to DAZ)

Select your spheres, Edit -> Instances -> Group Like Sibling Instances

Then move your null to middle of one of the instance, and try again with right clicking on the Null object

Hope this helps

K.

Callidus Simia,

Thanks much for the "secret sauce"!  Everything worked as you instructed.