HD navel morphs?

I'd love to see a set of HD navel morphs for G8F/M. I've looked around and found nothing. Belly buttons are as unique as the individual, and right now the options to make them realistic are lacking. Anyone up to it?

Yes, I know that there are character packs that have a unique BB morph, but I'd like to see something that's just for navels.

Comments

• jp1851jp1851 Posts: 25

Couldn't agree more, most just look like a Barbie doll midriff. There are however a few vendors that take the extra time to make their navels unique. It is annoying to buy so called hd characters with just a round hole in the midriff am talking to you Daz original characters. For the money details like navels and nipples should be included for the extra 30 bucks for hd. 

• sterlenejcsterlenejc Posts: 178
    Agree, I'd be happy to buy a good price for it. While there are some BB morphs on another site, they are just standard morphs, not HD. We need HD belly buttons and nipples for G3/8 F/M!!
  • I think it has to do with the limited number of polygons around the navel and nipples at base resolution, which is where the main work needs to be done.
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

There are HD nipple geografts available at both of the "render" sites, which solve the lack of geometry problem. I haven't seen a similar product for navels, though.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721
    Gordig said:

There are HD nipple geografts available at both of the "render" sites, which solve the lack of geometry problem. I haven't seen a similar product for navels, though.

Have you tried any of them yet? I was thinking of picking one up, but haven't yet.

I am all for HD anything since I like as much realism as possible, I never do close ups on anyones belly button, but I am all for it.

• edited March 2020
    Gordig said:

Have you tried any of them yet? I was thinking of picking one up, but haven't yet.

I am all for HD anything since I like as much realism as possible, I never do close ups on anyones belly button, but I am all for it.

I have the grafts from Meipe, and they do exactly what they say they will do, but to be honest, most of my lady characters use the HD morphs in Hellboy's Breast Utilities sets available right here. Yes, the geometry in the nipple region is pretty thin, but Hellboy's sets do wonders for the nipples, especially when you bump subdivision up to 2 or 3. I'm sure something similar could be done for navels. It doesn't have to be spot on anatomically accurate, just a bit of folds would do to prevent the Barbie look that jp1851 mentioned. 

Post edited by mateo250_df7d4aefb4 on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721
    Gordig said:

I have the grafts from Meipe, and they do exactly what they say they will do, but to be honest, most of my lady characters use the HD morphs in Hellboy's Breast Utilities sets available right here. Yes, the geometry in the nipple region is pretty thin, but Hellboy's sets do wonders for the nipples, especially when you bump subdivision up to 2 or 3. I'm sure something similar could be done for navels. It doesn't have to be spot on anatomically accurate, just a bit of folds would do to prevent the Barbie look that jp1851 mentioned. 

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I use hellboys on every character and they are fantastic. Always looking for better options though.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,926

Looking desperatley for a HD navel morph and cannot find one.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068

A geograft navel seems to be the easiest, do-it-yourself option.

• edited April 2020
    Dave230 said:

A geograft navel seems to be the easiest, do-it-yourself option.

I doubt I could even make a geograft pimple, LOL. And for something so small, I don't really see the need for an entire graft, just a morph with a few folds would suffice.

Post edited by mateo250_df7d4aefb4 on
  • Looking desperatley for a HD navel morph and cannot find one.

There are a couple out there. Tessa HD sold here has one, for example, but it's just one, and you have to buy the whole character to get it.