Install Errors on 'Bryce 7.1 Pro - Golden Lighting'

Install Errors on 'Bryce 7.1 Pro - Golden Lighting'.

Don't know what 'path' it needs. Is there any pre-installed programme needed?

The newest version DAZ 4.12pro and IM 1.4.0.17, WIN10.

Install Errors

error.jpg
723 x 677 - 96K

Comments

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited March 2020

As far as i know, DIM isn't working correctly with Bryce archives so often it's needed to place files manually in needed directories.

Speaking of this set exactly (Golden Lighting), i'm not sure if it has anything that strictly needs to be placed in certain directory, and instead you can keep folder where you want. Because you open scene files with file - open in Bryce, and and HDR files are opened from Sky Lab through same pop-up menu.

Also be sure to read Bryce Content FAQ pdf  which is in "Docs" folder inside Golden Lighting folder.

-

If you haven't downloaded it manually, i think .zip or .rar archive should be somewhere in DIM.

edit:

The newest version DAZ 4.12pro

But did you install Bryce 7.1 itself also?

Post edited by akmerlow on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited March 2020

function - DIM means Dazstudio Install Manager and as far as Bryce and Carrara (?) are concerned, DIM is dim - it cannot be used to install stuff because it doesn't know where to put it. Download manually (or find the zip file as akmerlow suggests) and unpack it into a temporary folder. You find instructions (ReadMe.txt, in the Docs folder two PDFs and in the Video folder ten videos). The most helpful would be to look at Bryce Content FAQ.pdf in the Docs folder.

Post edited by Horo on
  • functionfunction Posts: 267

haha, thanks akmerlow, thanks Horo.

akmerlow, good question, I finally found it needs a Bryce 7.1 pro installed first, at beginning I didn't realize it, just download it because it's free...

So, no future devil

• I have the same problem, but I already installed Bryce 7.1 Pro and activated it. I also connected DAZ3D with Bryce over the preferences in the DAZ3D Preferences. But I'm not able to install the golden Lightning :-(

Capture1.JPG
    884 x 424 - 51K
    Capture2.JPG
    1120 x 633 - 60K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

In DIM, go to Advanced Settings > Applications and add the path for Bryce.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

meikkimmel - DIM doesn't know where Bryce stuff belongs. Download the ZIP and unpack it to a temporary folder. The ReadMe.txt file tells you where the content belongs. What Fixmypcmike tells is good meant but won't work.