Studio3 lost Password

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi
I've had a disaster with my PC. Studio 4 is up and running (as is 1.8, but I don't use that any more) but V3 is asking for a password and I've lost the original. I've tried the V4 password but unsurprisingly V3 doesn't accept it. I've loads of stuff I still use in there - is there any way I can get another password?

Pete

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Have you looked in "my account / serial numbers." from the top right of the forums screen?

• edited December 1969

Hi

thanks. No, I hadn't thought of that!

It worked (at the third attempt - a bit odd, but never mind!)

Brilliant, many thanks

Peter

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

Glad you solved the problem Peblo, although I'm not certain exactly what it was you had to try three times :)

I'm a little bit surprised if you actually found a DAZ Studio 3 key in your serial list. I don't have one. Am I the only one? And, Cho if you're still around, to anticipate your question, I have DS 2, 3, and 4 in my product list, but serial keys only show for 2 and 4 (a ton of the latter). I always thought this was odd, but I'm in the habit of keeping records of such things anyway, so I still have the key if needed.

Does anyone else still have a version 3 key showing in their list? Did you, Peblo? Just curious.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

SixDs said:
    Glad you solved the problem Peblo, although I'm not certain exactly what it was you had to try three times :)

I'm a little bit surprised if you actually found a DAZ Studio 3 key in your serial list. I don't have one. Am I the only one? And, Cho if you're still around, to anticipate your question, I have DS 2, 3, and 4 in my product list, but serial keys only show for 2 and 4 (a ton of the latter). I always thought this was odd, but I'm in the habit of keeping records of such things anyway, so I still have the key if needed.

Does anyone else still have a version 3 key showing in their list? Did you, Peblo? Just curious.

I have a serial number for DS 3 in my account as well, which says "inactive" but will still work. I would contact Customer service using Zendesk to see why you don't have one.

• edited December 1969

Yes, the key was still there (although it was marked as inactive).
    The 3 attempts I'm afraid was down to, well, stupidity I guess...
    I copied the wrong password (from v1.8) which of course didn't work, but then pasted over 1.8 password with the 3 point something password. The program wouldn't accept it, but did when I started again from scratch - so presumably once it's gets a wrong password it kind of sulks and has to be reloaded before it will accept another attempt.

Pete