Strange effect with exported Daz Genesis /G2F/G2M and victoria uvmaps and sss vray shaders

adamb2011adamb2011 Posts: 9
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi

I'm reaching out for help from artists who are using both VrayforC4D and the daz genesis/genesis 2 models.

My issue of Daz figure UVmaps/selction tags not displaying a Vray SSS shaders correctly which display each selection tag area either a darker or lighter tone which highlights the each section

Please see the attached images

I've exported Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male & Victoria 4.2 as OBJ from Poser and Daz Studio.
All have the same UVmapping problems as previous ( different shading to each selection tag, even though the shader is the same for every selection tag).

I also imported Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male & Victoria 4.2 via poser fusion to see any difference, but there was none.

Finally I imported Alyson from poser via poser fusion and an exported OBJ and the shader displays fine in both cases.

Also if I drop the shader on any genesis model without using selection tags the shader works fine as expected

So what I've found is:

The problem is not connected to Daz Studio as it also happens through Poser

It it is connected to Daz Figures but not just Genesis
and also connected to how the UVmap is exported.

I tried an alternative UVmap for Genesis 2 female,Steph 6 rather than the standard "base UV", but this had the same effect.

I've searched around Deviantart for others using C4D, Vray and the Genesis models and will ask if anyone else has encounted this issue.

The shader itself is far too transparent, but I'm just using it to highlight the issue and would normally use a more skin like sss shader.

I would be immensely for any form help given ( simple model,tutorial or just directing me somewhere else to look)

Many thanks in advance for any help given, Ive been pulling my hair for a an age over this

Cheers
B

VRAY_SSS_DAZ_:POSER_1.jpg
1280 x 720 - 122K
VRAY_SSS_DAZ_:POSER_2.jpg
1280 x 720 - 158K

Comments

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited December 1969

could it be the normals? I know nothing about C4D but I have seen problems like that arise from game mods I tried to do years ago (I hope someone else can elaborate on this because I don't know how to explain better)

• flank777flank777 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I met the same problem! Vray SSS is Strange