Character winth Down's Syndrome

In this modern day of age, I think we should have at least one G8F and a G8M with down's syndrome.

Let's take Madeline Stuart for example, she is a beautufil young woman who break boundries by becoming the first supermodel with Down's.
We should celebrate that.

I put this up as a challenge to the PA's to do something about it.

Comments

• lana_lasslana_lass Posts: 520

You know, I was thinking about this recently so it's funny you should post it! I'm with you: I'd love to see a character with Down's Syndrome :) For use as a "lead" model and to add realistic variety to background actors in scenes with crowds. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Is there really a need for Daz to have "a Down's Syndrome character", when you can use face and body morphs to accomplish the desired effect on any character just like with youth or aging morphs?

edited March 2020

Well that's an interesting question, but then do they really need to have ANY peoples beyond white male/female by that perspective, since other ethnicities, ages, etc, can be achieved with morphs too on the base character? It's about representation as much as anything else, right? Showing the wonderful diversity of people... well, that and whether there's really a viable market for it since this is about making product after all :) 

Post edited by lana_lass on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

And there's the rub.  PAs are artists and no less compassionate than the next person, but they also do this as a livelihood, and have to weigh whether making a character like that is the most profitable use of their time.  They may well just make such characters anyway! 

In the meantime, you may want to make your own if you want to portray characters with Down's Syndrome in your renders.   From the NIH:

Common physical signs of Down syndrome include:

• Decreased or poor muscle tone
    • Short neck, with excess skin at the back of the neck
    • Flattened facial profile and nose
    • Small head, ears, and mouth
    • Upward slanting eyes, often with a skin fold that comes out from the upper eyelid and covers the inner corner of the eye
    • White spots on the colored part of the eye (called Brushfield spots)
    • Wide, short hands with short fingers
    • A single, deep, crease across the palm of the hand
    • A deep groove between the first and second toes

• ElettrodadoElettrodado Posts: 76
    edited March 2020

Hi,

IMHO Quixotic ladies is a good start.

https://www.daz3d.com/15-quixotic-ladies-for-genesis-8-female

Edit: here is my attempt to have a female lady with morphs made from Quixotic and

https://www.daz3d.com/200-plus-head-and-face-morphs-for-genesis-8-female-s

20200316.1.png
    1018 x 881 - 1M
    Post edited by Elettrodado on

^ That is a lovely render, Elettrodado!