Light Tactical Vehicle - a few thoughts

To make one thing clear first: i like it a lot, especially with the texture pack. You can do really realistic looking renders. On the outside it's close to perfection. OK, the brushguard isn't army standard, but over time there were a few version around - in combination with the airlift bumbers a.s.o ... There are just a few issues on the inside because of which i keep the doors closed most of the time. Yeah i know, i'm a perfectionist since i own a real M998. For one things it's the seats. They're not the classic steel rimmed backbreakers nor the oldfashioned looking bucket seat of later models - they lack a little detail too. And the tag TP 20 doesn't belong on the inside. It means tire pressure 20psi, so it's usually located above the tires on the frame. Might be just an issue on some of the textures. Havn't checked that yet. And where's the battery compartment below the shotgun seat? I kind of miss that too since every military humvee has it. I still enjoy using it a lot and probably will continue using it in future renders, but i'd love a little detail work for the insides. What do you think?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

What do you think?

That you are overthinking it, LOL. Hesides, history has shwn that PAs rarely revisit items after released so it is what it is probably at this point. You could try contacting the PA for commission work or try and do the mods yourself or even try one of the non DAZ models at turbosquid, Hum3d or cgtrader (.OBJ files import fine into DS, but you'll have to tweak textures and there is no rigging)

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

What do you think?

I think you could be more helpful.

First, this is the product we're talking about: https://www.daz3d.com/light-tactical-vehicle . Including a link makes life easier for forum users, and also gets a link to this thread to appear on the product page for people that have the daz plugin installed.

Second, so the seats are wrong? Apparently they should either be "classic steel rimmed backbreakers" or "oldfashioned looking bucket seats." If the PA knew what either of those things looked like, presumably (s)he would have modelled it that way. So give us some pictures to work with. Ditto the battery compartment and TP20 tag (whatever that is).

Michael's right, the chances of the PA revisiting this are almost nil, but you could get some advice/help in removing the features that you don't like and putting in some better replacements yourself.

PS. The PA's own thread about this product can be found here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/168286/