Poser 11.3 due on March 30th

Hi Gang,

I just got an email that 11.3 is expected to be available on the 30th.  Free update:

At the top of the list of new features is support for the latest NVIDIA RTX (Turing architecture) GPU cards on Windows.

Additional key features

• Improved Library Search

Poser 11.3 will improve the local library search experience by changing the logic used when multiple search terms/words are entered. Already proven with extremely large content collections in alpha builds, the result is more precise search results vs the current method which can be overly broad.

• Auto-sync of purchased content

An in-app download manager will be added for automated download and installation of purchased assets from Renderosity.com. The idea is to simplify the current purchase/download/install experience for all users. We have also added a "Purchases" tab to Content Library to easily access this feature.

• Additional features and fixes are: various issues related to Catalina on Mac, added the ability to remove missing runtimes, updates to Windows Component Libraries (Python 2.7.17, latest FBX and Alembic export formats), La Femme updates in preparation for release of separate L'Homme figure, faster loading of default scene load time by using PMD and more

• Hundreds of smaller bug fixes including Ray Trace preview now gets updated pose; Firefly render previews in Material Room display correctly, not washed out; pressing certain key on Mac no longer crashes Queue Manager stand-alone installer is available again, and many, many more.

Comments

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,790

will we be able to ignore "auto-sync" and that "in app download manager"?

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

I'm just hapy they're finally supporting 20x0 cards in Superfly.

• I am excited by this! I all but quit using Poser and switched to DAZ during Genesis 3. With Renderosity at the helm, I'm hoping for more cooperation between the two softwares' interfaces, and maybe eventual compatibility with Gen 3-8 and beyond. I'm on the fence whether I'll be investing in Poser 12, but I'll be testing out 11.3 when it comes and hoping for good changes in the future. In the meantime, I've become quite a fan of DAZ and iRay, and I'm hoping DAZ will add Cycles from Blender at some point.

Y'all stay safe during this pandemic!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

I invested into Poser 11 years ago.  Hopefully there will be a Poser 12 (right?) since Renderosity has it.

• SempieSempie Posts: 651

I invested into Poser 11 years ago.  Hopefully there will be a Poser 12 (right?) since Renderosity has it.

The release date is set for December.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    Sempie said:

Do you have a link for that info please?

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

I started with Poser in 2005. And I have a lot of fans who are upset that I haven't been using some of my old V4 figures since I moved to DAZ. But Poser-built figures have a bad habit of exploding in Studio... I've got room on my hard drive and inm my brain for both Poser and Studio.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    rrward said:

I started with Poser in 2005. And I have a lot of fans who are upset that I haven't been using some of my old V4 figures since I moved to DAZ. But Poser-built figures have a bad habit of exploding in Studio... I've got room on my hard drive and inm my brain for both Poser and Studio.

Well your figures must have something special, as I never had any problems using generation 3 and 4 figures in DS, and I've been using it since the first public beta...

• SempieSempie Posts: 651
    edited April 2020
    scorpio said:
    Sempie said:

There has not been an official statement yet, but in the return mail for the recent Poser Survey they mentioned a planned release for the end of the year. For all that that is worth...

Post edited by Sempie on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    Sempie said:
    scorpio said:
    Sempie said:

There has not been an official statement yet, but in the return mail for the recent Poser Survey they mentioned a planned release for the end of the year. For all that that is worth...

Yes, I received that note too;

"We plan to release the new version by the end of the year, permitting"

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

ontemplating the 11.3

i still using pp12

does 11 natively support triax?

or it still need dson plugin?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

well read in other forum answer is no.

and doesnt seem rendo iis developing on it