HUMAN NATURE short available in vimeo for viewing

NASSOSNASSOS Posts: 77
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello everyone,

HUMAN NATURE my carrara made 3d short film which has been accepted in more than 25 festivals around the world is now available for viewing in vimeo. Please visit the link and enjoy the film. If you like it please add a like or a comment.

http://vimeo.com/90195549

For those who are new here and do not remember the film, it was completed on 2010 using only carrara and after effects. It also used models from the DAZ marketplace as well as some other places. The main characters are from 3D Universe.

Here is a synopsis of the story:

An uptight elephant is enjoying a scenic train ride reading a book alone in his compartment. Soon the door opens and a happy go lucky, goofy and free-spirited bear chooses to take a seat across from the elephant and disturbs his peaceful solitude. This is war. Would the elephant tolerate this uninvited guest who seems to have the worst manners and shows little respect for anything? How long will it take for these two to get on each other’s nerves and prove that “human nature” prevails even in the animal kingdom

HumanNature_image3.jpg
400 x 225 - 114K

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

This is such an amazingly well made film, NASSOS! Thank you for sharing, once again!
    I also love the interview regarding the project in C3DE!
    Keep 'em coming!

• NASSOSNASSOS Posts: 77
    edited March 2014

Thanks,

At the time of completion I was not able to show it to the carrara forum or anyone else since it was entering the festivals and having it publicly in vimeo or youtube could disqualify it. So I created a shot trailer. Then after I finished the festival rounds I starter working on DINNER FOR FEW and I forgot to post it. Since now I bought a subscription on Vimeo for DINNER FOR FEW use I though I can put it up there and have it in a nice viewing quality.

Post edited by NASSOS on
    edited December 1969

I had just purchased Carrara Pro in 2010, and followed the story of this film making with great enthusiasm. I do recall when one of the festivals showing your film allowed public viewing for voting purposes... and that's when I finally got to see it for the first time. Very refreshing to watch it again. The C3DE article has some great info on how you've pulled off a lot of those great effects, and you've helped a lot of us along our path to learning Carrara, in the older forums too. It's good to see you again - and I must say that, thanks to you and many others, I have really come a long way in this marvelous craft!

All hidden under lock and key right now, I am bursting at the seems to show you and others what I've been achieving of late. Hopefully soon, but I've been saying that for years now! LOL

edited December 1969

www.Allcgtutorials.com was kind enough to upload an articles about my film HUMAN NATURE
    At http://www.allcgtutorials.com/2014/animated-short-making-of-human-nature/ you can find a brief explaining the making of HUMAN NATURE. and CARRARA3d involvement to the process.

edited December 1969

Very nice.
    Thanks for sharing such a wealth of your workflow with us! I really appreciate your insight and expertise :)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

That's a fun movie - easily good enough to be one of the shorts they show at the start of Pixar features, IMHO. Congratulations :)

edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    That's a fun movie - easily good enough to be one of the shorts they show at the start of Pixar features, IMHO. Congratulations :)
    Absolutely! I love it too!
    NASSOS actually won some awards in some festivals with this baby, if I recall correctly. I think it may have even opened a few feature presentation films as well ;)
    edited December 1969

I think you overstating the success of HUMAN NATURE, but I will tell you it was a lots of fun doing it. I wish I knew more then and had some help. There is always room for improvement.

edited December 1969

NASSOS said:
    I think you overstating the success of HUMAN NATURE, but I will tell you it was a lots of fun doing it. I wish I knew more then and had some help. There is always room for improvement.
    Bummer. I was hoping that I was under-doing it! :ahhh: