Rope, for rescuing someone from a cliff?

EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,095
edited March 2020 in Product Suggestions

Is there any rope I can purchase or download for free anywhere?  I am considering creating a rescue scene where a girl falls over a cliff but gets stranded on a ledge, unable to get back on higher ground.  The rope, in which I would like in a roll, would be unrolled so that it can be used by multiple people to pull the girl up and back on higher ground.

Any such product anywhere, whether free or requires spending a few dollars?

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on

Comments

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

Theres has actually just been released : https://www.daz3d.com/mdch-dforce-climb-high-accessories-for-genesis-3-and-8.

It has what you want and more. anything you could think of for climbing, I guess.

• ^ That's not what I wanted.

What I asked for, to clarify, was a coiled rope, which should be morphable to allow for the rope length to get longer so that the rope could be thrown down for the victim to grab on to, and the heroes pull the victim up with the rope.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

I'm not sure exactly what you want it to look like, but maybe you could use https://www.daz3d.com/tied-up-genesis-3 here at DAZ or "Climb - Superrope" by 3-D-C over at Rendorosity.   You can modify the length of segments, but it looks like it will distort the material.  However if it's not a close-up that might not matter.  Both allow you to have a coil at one end with a straight rope at the other, they're each a bit different to work with though.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited March 2020

skip

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

Its part of a larger bundle too

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

^ That's not what I wanted.

What I asked for, to clarify, was a coiled rope, which should be morphable to allow for the rope length to get longer so that the rope could be thrown down for the victim to grab on to, and the heroes pull the victim up with the rope.

The ropes in that set (and in sickleyield's "tied up" sets if you want a more traditional rope look) are posable. You can select all the segments of the rope, bend them by x degrees, and you have a coil of rope. Actually, what I'd do is take a short length of rope, pose it into a single loop, then create a load of instances placed next to eachother to make something that looks like a coil of rope. Use a separate rope object (or objects) for the loose end thrown down to your rescuee.

If the rope object isn't long enough, just get another rope object and parent it to the last segment of the first rope. I've chained together three ropes like that before now.