OT: Spring bank holidays 26 May

Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 858
edited April 2014 in Bryce Discussion

I apologize for this off-topic question, but this is the only forum I regularly visit with friendly people from the U.K. My wife and I are planning to go on holiday to Wales this year. We will start at 25 May. We will travel to Chester first and intend to look for accomodation there, e.g. a B & B, just on the day of our arrival. But now we have learnt yesterday, that there is spring bank holiday on 26 May. We don't know, if a lot of people in Britain take this opportunity for a long weekend. Maybe therefore it would be good advice to book a B & B in advance. What do you think dear English Bryce followers?

At least to be not entirely off-topic, I have a little spring picture added. It is still work on progress.

daisies.jpg
640 x 369 - 80K
Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@electro: Here's hoping you have a enjoyable holiday. A bit early, I know, but I might forget when the time comes. Love the image.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Sorry for this off-topic question, but this is the only forum I regularly visit with friendly people from the U.K. My wife and I are planning to go on holiday to Wales this year. We will start at 25 May. We will travel to Chester first and intend to look for accomodation there, e.g. a B & B, just on the day of our arrival. But now we have learnt yesterday, that there is spring bank holiday on 26 May. We don't know, if a lot of people in Britain take this opportunity for a long weekend. Maybe therefore it would be good advice to book a B & B in advance. What do you think dear English Bryce followers?

At least to be not entirely off-topic, I have a little spring picture added. It is still work on progress.

Croeso i Cymru

Where as I doubt that all the accomodation will be full up, it will be more difficult to find something on the fly over the Bank Holiday. It is a popular holiday as it coincides with half term holidays for most schools. For example the half term holiday in this area is from 23rd to 31st of May. (South Wales)

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

I don't know... but living in the states.... please share your photos when you get back pm or email me I love to see what other parts of the world look like....Trish

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 858
    edited December 1969

@chohole: Thanks a lot for your answer.

@Guss: Thanks for your wishes. I am lookinf forward to it. I had none long holidays for a long time.

@Trish: I will think of it and send you our nicest photos.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2014

@chohole: Thanks a lot for your answer.

@Guss: Thanks for your wishes. I am lookinf forward to it. I had none long holidays for a long time.

@Trish: I will think of it and send you our nicest photos.

Glad to help. I do hope you enjoy your holiday.

Wales was always my favourite holiday destination, so much so that when we retired and needed to move we moved here, and haven't regretted it yet.

Post edited by Chohole on