Maxim HD for Michael 6... coming soon [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    Wow! What a hunk! I promise to render responsibly. ;)

LOL, thanks!

I can understand DAZ wanting to retain modesty on the forums but it makes no sense when vendors don't include gen maps with new figures. Personally I don't create erotic or explicit material but a man (even a synthetic man) is not complete unless he has the correct anatomy in all the right places.

Well I can understand with genesis as the Gens are geografted. To do M6 (or any genesis character) gens correctly, you need a program that handles projection painting... and those programs aren't cheap. With Gen4, you could easily do gens with photoshop or have products that gave you a base gens texture and you would change the diffuse settings to match your figure.

is Zbrush one of those programs? Or what are some examples of them if it is not Zbrush or Photoshop?

Zbrush, BodyPaint, 3DCoat are some of the programs that projection paint. I own all three... would be nice if I got back to practicing on this texture... ;)

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 2014

I've bought Maxim today and have problems to download the whole package. Th zip file is always incomplete (unexpected end of archive). I want to use the character in Poser too and for that I need the files without the Install Manager (apart from I hate that tool, because I don't know, what it really do and where it stores exactly the files). Any chance to split the package in seperate parts?

Well I can understand with genesis as the Gens are geografted. To do M6 (or any genesis character) gens correctly, you need a program that handles projection painting... and those programs aren't cheap. With Gen4, you could easily do gens with photoshop or have products that gave you a base gens texture and you would change the diffuse settings to match your figure.

.... and those programs aren't cheap ... that's wrong! :) You can do projection painting in Blender and that is free! Several tutorial can be found in YouTube.

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 2014

.... and those programs aren't cheap ... that's wrong! :) You can do projection painting in Blender and that is free! Several tutorial can be found in YouTube.

There's tools that do it much better and are geared towards projection painting. Sorry, but blender isn't there yet in comparison and in some cases you get what you pay for when it comes to having an efficient workflow..

I would suggest using DIM, this is one of the advantages of using the tool as I can download gigs of content (like I've done this month) then walk away while it installs. Otherwise you can submit a support ticket and see if the files can broken up, DAZ handles the packaging of the zip files.

I'll also add substance painter to the list as well, that's currently on sale at steam until the 2nd.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on