adding tattoos to existing characters ???

jonathanokelley81jonathanokelley81 Posts: 60
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I was hoping I could find some guidance here! I was wondering what would be the easiest way to apply custom tattoos to an existing skin? like the Inked product does but making my own tattoos. I tried in Photoshop and couldn't quite get it rite, any help, links or references would be greatly appreciated. I tried all the keywords I could think of in the forums that was not helpful the results had nothing to do with my question. thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

in Learning Carrara 8.5 Training Video part 1402 3D Paint Projects adding a tattoo is done in 1 minute...

If you have carrara that's easy.

There is surely other ways...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you save the Tattoo Designs as PNG files of the proper size you can load then in DAZ Studio using the LIE in the Surfaces Tab. You use the Diffuse Channel and the Drop down menu choice of LIE. This of course is the Same as doing it in a 2D art program so across Seams is still a PITA. If you have a Version of Phothoshop that supports the 3D bridge you can then Paint the Tattoos on the figure and send back to DAZ Studio. You can then do a Save Material Preset for either of those methods and have the Tattooed texture ready for future use.

• jonathanokelley81jonathanokelley81 Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

thanks for the help the PNG worked