Pose Fusion for Genesis to Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

i love this.  the interface is really well thought-out.  it'd make a great pane/tab.  i'd park it right under the dforce simulation tab...

should the script be taking a really really long time to load, though?  the first time i launched it, i wondered if it was indexing all of the poses in my library.  so i went to bed and just came back to it in the morning.  then i launched it again last night, and wound up doing the same thing.  it takes as long or longer to load than my base g8f does.

the interface does seem pretty self-explanatory.  but i still kind of wish there was some documentation included. 

an option to shift viewport camera or zero in on a selected node and/or selected node and children might be a helpful additon in future expansions.  or an option to exit/hide the script for a minute or so to permit node selection and camera adjustment, the way the xMorphs script does.

questions and suggestions aside--

great work, y'all!  i can tell that this is going to be one of those tools that i use all the time.  :)

j

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

To be honest, other people can tell you why they don't like something; you mileage may vary, is very true.

I have no real issues with 4.12

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,098

Well, where would I download the beta or 4.12? People have mentioned using it alongside 4.11, so I've gone searching for it. I'm stumped. Where is it hiding?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    inquire said:

Well, where would I download the beta or 4.12? People have mentioned using it alongside 4.11, so I've gone searching for it. I'm stumped. Where is it hiding?

Use DIM.

I don't want to derail Zev0's thread, so will add that this excellent product works fine with it.

OK, I found the location. Thanks anyway.

OK, downloaded the full DAZ Studio 4.12, not the beta. Seems to be working fine. I am testing Zev0's Pose Fusion, and I am really pleased. I was hoping that I could work in a scene in which I had more than one character, and I can! That's a definite plus. I don't have to work only on a single character in a scene. That wasn't quite clear to me from the pictures offered, as I only saw one chracter being manipulated. But, definitely, Thank You, Zev0!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited April 2020

You're welcome. Thanks for confirming it was a 4.12 related issue.

Post edited by Zev0 on

should the script be taking a long time to load, zev0? 

i love the utility of it, but i tend not to launch it during the day now because of the extensive load time. 

j

edited April 2020

That depends how much items is loaded on the figure. It should not take more than 6 seconds worst case scenario? How long is it taking? Any particular details about the scene would be useful.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2020
    jardine said:

i love this.  the interface is really well thought-out.  it'd make a great pane/tab.  i'd park it right under the dforce simulation tab...

should the script be taking a really really long time to load, though?  the first time i launched it, i wondered if it was indexing all of the poses in my library.  so i went to bed and just came back to it in the morning.  then i launched it again last night, and wound up doing the same thing.  it takes as long or longer to load than my base g8f does.

the interface does seem pretty self-explanatory.  but i still kind of wish there was some documentation included. 

an option to shift viewport camera or zero in on a selected node and/or selected node and children might be a helpful additon in future expansions.  or an option to exit/hide the script for a minute or so to permit node selection and camera adjustment, the way the xMorphs script does.

great work, y'all!  i can tell that this is going to be one of those tools that i use all the time.  :)

j

Interesting..I will look at xmorphs. We are also looking into tab based products but that is gonna take some research to see if its viable interface wise vs what a script can offer, and what type of product will benefit from it.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • MapperMapper Posts: 9
    jardine said:

j

Totally agree and wish for..

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801
    edited May 2020

I bought the product and... tbh. I am not sure if I know what I do with it? xD

I think the main reason why I bought it is, because I think it will help me to mirror more easy a pose :D

But I am not so sure what I got there with the script :) And the little "?" in the script window make... nothing.

Post edited by Loony on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,309
    edited May 2020

@mcorr , @Zev0

My two cents on this.  I disagree with almost every "lecture-y" thing that was argued in support of a lower price. Whether I pay $10 for Pose Fusion or $100 - it has ZERO value to me unless I actually USE IT.  If, in use, I find it has value for me then the amount of use/value will determine the value v.s cost.  I can see myself using Pose Fusion and getting WAAAYYYYY more than $30 value out of it (even though I paid less than $20). Calculate my time using PF vs not using PF, against the cost of purchasing a series of other products that may, or may not, provide utility and value and then calculate the value of my time that could have been spent doing something else, or doing more posing and more rendering than I could have without it. Looking at the whole picture here too, I buy lots of ZEV0 stuff and get lots of value for my money.  If I buy any one thing and feel I did not get my money's worth, I may have merely contributed to the continuing career of ZEV0's providing other more useful things in the future rather than just quitting because it is not possible to earn a living selling at ultra-low prices. 

ZEV0 ROCKS!  Long live ZEV0!   

Thanks, ZEV0, for all that you for us (in the store and in the forums!) and please, please, please, just keep doing what you are doing!  You are doing it RIGHT.

Post edited by Gogger on
    edited May 2020

Thanks for the kind words.yes Makes the job worth it. Just to add most of the magic comes from my partner. It aint all me. He was able to make these features work the way we wanted them to. And yes, we have plenty more comingwink

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DresdenskinDresdenskin Posts: 56
    edited May 2020

I have a problem with this script. 

I use Daz Studio 4.12.0.85 BETA because I find it the most stable version. 

When I run the script is simply gives the "An error occured while reading the file" error. 

The log says:

2020-05-03 12:05:59.597 Loading script: G:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse2020-05-03 12:05:59.597 Failed to load script: G:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse

However, when I try the script in Daz Studio 4.12.0.86 Release version the script works, but I would prefer to keep using my preferred BETA version.

I had a similar problem with RiverSoftArt's "Now Crowd Utilities", and the solution there was that one of the scripts in that product "I believe I made a mistake and compiled this file with the wrong encryption".  (Thread can be found here)

Could that be the case here? The two versions of Daz Studio I have installed are literally just one number apart between BETA and Release, so it's hard to understand how the script can work in one and not the other. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Post edited by Dresdenskin on

hey there, Zev0...

so i finally got around to waiting out the script launch again.  (elapsed time?  a little over an hour.)

just PM'd you my log, and a theory about the lag's cause.   thanks!

:)

j

Thanks Jardine. Looking into it.

I have a problem with this script. 

I use Daz Studio 4.12.0.85 BETA because I find it the most stable version. 

When I run the script is simply gives the "An error occured while reading the file" error. 

The log says:

2020-05-03 12:05:59.597 Loading script: G:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse2020-05-03 12:05:59.597 Failed to load script: G:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/Pose Fusion/Pose Fusion.dse

However, when I try the script in Daz Studio 4.12.0.86 Release version the script works, but I would prefer to keep using my preferred BETA version.

I had a similar problem with RiverSoftArt's "Now Crowd Utilities", and the solution there was that one of the scripts in that product "I believe I made a mistake and compiled this file with the wrong encryption".  (Thread can be found here)

Could that be the case here? The two versions of Daz Studio I have installed are literally just one number apart between BETA and Release, so it's hard to understand how the script can work in one and not the other. 

Many thanks in advance. 

We do not support beta releases. Only Public Builds, because beta code changes all the time.

edited May 2020

There will be a huge update coming to this, one where we also added a minimize script option. We will also show Pose Fusion Plus soon when it is ready.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited June 2020

Version 1.2 is now live. This version adds the script minimize feature. Thank you for your support.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,028
    edited June 2020

Despite my objections, went ahead and purchased this product to see what it can do and if I want to keep it. It’s unthinkable for anybody reworking, or creating poses, not to have Fusion Pose. I’m eating my words and keeping it, which I had a big incentive to do for the egregiously low price of $6.58. A steal and a travesty to get it that low. It’s worth much more.

Post edited by mcorr on
    edited June 2020

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you find it useful.yes

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited June 2020
    Zev0 said:

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you find it useful.yes

All your products are insanely useful and cool ... although the introductory price on this one had me heavily scratching my head. That said, you deserve a fair return on your work, and the price I got this for was, well ... a crime. Do know though, that I have most of your products, am a big fan,and will continue to buy them ... if I can use them, which appears to be shaping up as a problem ....

Why? Because you seem to be building stuff that is dependant on the lastest versions of Daz Studio, instead of being backward compatible with earlier versions, which is not happening for me (and all MAC users) because daz has stopped developing (like the newest version of 4.12) MAC versions of Studio since nVidia is no longer making mac drivers. So, it seems me and many others will not be able to profit from your good work in the future, unless you make backward compatible versions. If possible, please do so.

Otherwise, the cost of remaining loyal to your products will mean a steep $1,000 plus investment into a windoz machine. I shutter at the thought.

Post edited by mcorr on

Problem is we are on current builds of Studio. To get a script to work on a previous build we will have to have that version installed and have it developed in that version. I don't like having multiple versions installed.  Earliest version this product is compatible with is 4.12.0.86

edited June 2020

Problem is we are on current builds of Studio. To get a script to work on a previous build we will have to have that version installed and have it developed in that version. I don't like having multiple versions installed.  Earliest version this product is compatible with is 4.12.0.86

I see. I am currently keeping 4.12.0.86 on another hard disk to run only scripts (can’t render using it because of OS incompatibilities). So, I’ll be able to buy and use Fusion Plus. Beyond 4.12.0.86, the MAC folks like myself will be gated in the doghouse, looking in from the outside.

Post edited by mcorr on
    mcorr said:
    Zev0 said:

Why? Because you seem to be building stuff that is dependant on the lastest versions of Daz Studio, instead of being backward compatible with earlier versions, which is not happening for me (and all MAC users) because daz has stopped developing (like the newest version of 4.12) MAC versions of Studio since nVidia is no longer making mac drivers. So, it seems me and many others will not be able to profit from your good work in the future, unless you make backward compatible versions. If possible, please do so.

Otherwise, the cost of remaining loyal to your products will mean a steep $1,000 plus investment into a windoz machine. I shutter at the thought.

@mcorr: Who told you that DAZ has stopped developing Mac versions of Studio? Is this anything official? nVidia removed the drivers for their cards due to the feud with Apple, but the latest version of DAZ Studio seems updated to me. (I'm a Mac user, too.)

inquire said:
    mcorr said:
    Zev0 said:

@mcorr: Who told you that DAZ has stopped developing Mac versions of Studio? Is this anything official? nVidia removed the drivers for their cards due to the feud with Apple, but the latest version of DAZ Studio seems updated to me. (I'm a Mac user, too.)

I only have the latest version of windows in my product library, and the beta is also just windows. Join my commons discussion so as not to hijack this thread.

OK. Sorry. Don't want to get into an argument. But I think that statement about Studio development is incorrect. Are you using nVidia GPU cards in your version of DS? If so, going to the latest Mac version would mean you could no longer use them, as nVidia removed CUDA for the cards. CUDA is still in place for CPU, though. I, too, am a Pose Fusion user, and I love it. I'm looking forward to the release of Pose Fusion Plus. Pose Fusion works in the latest Mac version of DS. I don't want to hijack this thread. I was just checking on the statement about no further development of DS for Mac users. Yes, let's get back to discussing Pose Fusion.

inquire said:

OK. Sorry. Don't want to get into an argument. But I think that statement about Studio development is incorrect. Are you using nVidia GPU cards in your version of DS? If so, going to the latest Mac version would mean you could no longer use them, as nVidia removed CUDA for the cards. CUDA is still in place for CPU, though. I, too, am a Pose Fusion user, and I love it. I'm looking forward to the release of Pose Fusion Plus. Pose Fusion works in the latest Mac version of DS. I don't want to hijack this thread. I was just checking on the statement about no further development of DS for Mac users. Yes, let's get back to discussing Pose Fusion.

Dude .... switch places. Not here. Get it? The place to get this clarified is in the Commons where I already started a post that addresses this issue.

• dynamo3ddynamo3d Posts: 3

Question:

Can´t load the script. Logfile says:

2020-07-07 22:22:09.860 Loading script: D:/DAZ/Connect Content/data/cloud/1_68845/scripts/pose fusion/pose fusion.dse
    2020-07-07 22:22:09.860 Failed to load script: D:/DAZ/Connect Content/data/cloud/1_68845/scripts/pose fusion/pose fusion.dse

I try other scripts - load normaly.

Update Metadata helps not.

Uninstall and re-install even not helps.

Using DAZ Studio 4.10 Pro

So any suggestions what to try best next?