Sheriff Room Question

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
edited March 2020 in Product Suggestions

Hi,

I like this:

https://www.daz3d.com/old-west-sheriffs-office-interior

(special with 1,99$^^...)

now is the question, is this the FULL inside of the sheriff building? there is also a  link to

Required Products:

On the required Product page is no view inside the building.

And if the interior is with walls and all, is the full building still needed ?

Edit: I bought it now and the interior only contains the runtime folder, so yes its needed to get the full building too. But both together for 4$ seems more as fair^^...

Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

There are interiors and exteriors for the Old West Sheriff's Office, the Mercantile, the Saloon, and the Undertakers. The Bath House has an interior, but it's empty.

The interior sets, like the Sheriff's Office interior, will be missing things like doors and windows because they are part of the exterior.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited March 2020

To late, i just edited it xD...

but seems like I can only full load it.

edit: WHERE is my interior? ;(

I loaded the Preload, I loaded the office, I loaded the doors thing... but... there is nothing inside ;(

The Download of the interior does only contain a runtime folder no data folder, is the download... broken?

Edit, from the PDF:

Notes from the artist:

• You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Poser Libraries:
      • Figures: "O_W_Sher_Int"
      • Camera: "O_W_Sher_Int"
      • Lights: "O_W_Sher_Int"
    • You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:
      • " Environments\Architecture\Old West Sheriff's Office Int"

well why the heck did he not made it as ONE full preset aviable in the same folder, why have I to use my search, oh come on -_-

Edit: I made now my own scene subset, atleast I managed to do that xD....

2020-03-27 15_46_15-Window.jpg
    612 x 208 - 19K
    2020-03-27 15_48_24-DAZ Studio 4.12 Pro - FarmComic1.duf.jpg
    1768 x 788 - 249K
    Post edited by Loony on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    MrDarck said:
    The Download of the interior does only contain a runtime folder no data folder, is the download... broken?

It isn't broken, that's exactly how it's supposed to be set up — for Poser. The Old West sets are very, very, very old — dating from not long after DAZ|Studio first came out. The standard at that time was to have Poser objects in a Poser Runtime folder, and D|S materials presets in a D|S content folder. Load the Poser object, then apply the D|S materials. It's how we all used D|S for many years.

MrDarck said:
    • You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:
      • " Environments\Architecture\Old West Sheriff's Office Int"

well why the heck did he not made it as ONE full preset aviable in the same folder, why have I to use my search, oh come on -_-

That's how D|S worked at the time — there are workarounds now, but to begin with Poser files and D|S files could not be put in each other's content folders.

Note that there is an ongoing project to convert and update old Poser-era PC+ sets, but the conversion department is one person, and she's doing lots of other stuff at the same time.

Also note that the D|S materials are for 3Delight, not Iray. That's something usually handled during conversion, but it isn't always possible to make really old materials into Iray.

edited March 2020

seems like you missed the part, that I solved it and made my own subscene out of it :P

Yeah that 3DL will be some fun...

https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-3delight-to-iray-converter

Found that I can just hope its good...

Edit: did just read (lucky in german! thanks google first result :3) some feedback about it, seems like for old poser content I have to first change the surfaces a bit...

lets se....

Post edited by Loony on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

But... there is a preload for the interior, it's in Libraries/Figures/O_W_Sher_Int, called !Preload.cr2, with all the other pieces. The exterior has been updated to DS-native format, but not the interior, it is still in Poser format. Load the Poser version, then apply the Studio materials.

That is what i did wrote in my third post O_o... I am confused... you are now also trying to help but I said already its solved, I managed it.. did read the pdf, did go to my poser stuff and did load the interior Preload.

Then I had both preloaded and then I made now a Subscene into the Original Daz Folder for the House. Now I can load it without going to the Poser format.

Now I just have to put Iray Uber shaders on the stuff and save it again. But maybe a other day...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Those old $1.99 Old West buildings are all good but they should releally retexture them in higher res for iRay & 3DL 4K & higher renders.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Those old $1.99 Old West buildings are all good but they should releally retexture them in higher res for iRay & 3DL 4K & higher renders.

Won't be a free update, most likely. There have been quite a few "improved and with Iray materials" for old PC+ sets coming out over the last year or two, all priced at about the usual PC+ level for a texture expansion (I've bought most of them).

well I guess the best thing I can do is using my Shader presets and throwing them around there^^.