Can DAZ Studio imitate mech hydraulics ?

RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was ruffing out a sketch of a Mech ,
Got to the stomach and wasn't sure if DAZ Studio could have all 4 of the Red & Orange hydraulics imitate real hydraulics and have them all work together.
Can DAZ Studio do that ?

XXR_Mech.jpg
790 x 884 - 60K

Comments

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,162
    edited December 1969

yep,DAZ Studio can do it.my latest release has a few hydraulics and they work fine in DS http://www.daz3d.com/prototype

• RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

yep,DAZ Studio can do it.my latest release has a few hydraulics and they work fine in DS http://www.daz3d.com/prototype

Thanks a lot ,very helpful

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,076
    edited December 1969

In Poser and DS such things are usually handled by having two bones for each unit, one attached at the bottom to the lower joint (the hip in your example) and one attached at the top to the upper joint (the chest in your example) - the twist axis should be aligned along each cylinder, and the two parts are then set to Point At each other.

• RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

In Poser and DS such things are usually handled by having two bones for each unit, one attached at the bottom to the lower joint (the hip in your example) and one attached at the top to the upper joint (the chest in your example) - the twist axis should be aligned along each cylinder, and the two parts are then set to Point At each other.

Thanks a lot for the directions :)

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

That's an elegant solution

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

That's an elegant solution

And a classic one. Almost any robot in the store does that, such as my own modular mecha kit.

However, be careful that the endpoints are exact on the hydraulics, and are aligned to each other. If the orientation isn't exact, the hydraulics look 'off', or 'bent'.