Is It Possible To Access The Internal Name From A PP2 In DS4 Via DAZ Script? [How About The OBJ Name

3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689

I've recently updated the Poser version of my Smart+ Prop/PropGoto+ freebies - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/39376/
Part of the update was to use the internal name of the prop to identify Smart+ props like this:

Extract from file 'Smart+ Prop DS.pp2':

version
{
number 6
}
prop SmPlHaRoTestRod
{
geomCustom
}
prop SmPlHaRoTestRod
{
name TestRod

The "SmPlHaRo" prefix added to the internal name indicates it's a Smart+ prop targeted to the hand, requiring a rod-type grip.
This works fine in Poser 6, 8, and 9 (all the versions I can test with).

I'm working on the equivalent DAZ Studio update now (I'm using the old DAZ Script DSA format since I need to support DS3 still). So I'm using oProp.getLabel() to get the external name and oProp.name() to get the internal name.

DS3 works fine with the above (oProp.getLabel()="TestRod" and oProp.name="SmPlHaRoTestRod" as expected)

But DS4 seems to ignore the internal name and create its own, based on the CR2 name ((oProp.getLabel()="TestRod" but oProp.name="Smart+ Prop DS_18"), and the name looks like the subfolder names that DS creates in its C:\Users\\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\ folder which would make sense (I can't find the DS4 equivalent folder)

So the question is simple:
Is there any way to get the Poser prop internal name (as defined in the PP2)from DAZ Script in DS4?

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,001
    edited December 1969

I don't believe so. The change of naming system, to one based on the OBJ name and vertex count, seems to have some in sometime during DS4 - I ran into this in connection with some scripts I'd written for a PA recently.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited April 2014

I had to do DS version-checking in one of my scripts (do one thing if it's DS3, another if it's DS4.5+, and it's DS4.0 come to a grinding halt).

No big problem - I'll just go for the 'ask the user' option:

MessageBox.question("Unfortunately due to a design oversight on my part, the method for auto-detecting Smart+ props
     doesn't work in DS4. So please, dear user, would you be kind enough to tell me?","What Sort Of Prop?","Normal","Smart+");
    edited April 2014

Note to self: if DS4 loads a prop from a Poser PP2 then the name accessed via oProp.name() depends on where the geometry is...

- If the PP2 used an external geometry file, then it's the OBJ filename
    - Otherwise (i.e. geometry embedded in PP2) it's the PP2 filename.

So using external geometry and adding my prefix to the OBJ filename seems the easiest workaround for now.

edited April 2015

A year later, I'm finding a need to access the filename of the OBJ from which the geometry of a prop actor was loaded (assuming the PP2 used external geometry)

In PoserPython it should just be 'actor.GeomFileName()'

What would you use in DAZ Script ? I know there's DzGeometry and DzGeomSourceFileData, but I can't find any methods under DzNode that could lead me towards this.

Also, can DAZ Script differentiate between
    (a) geometry that's been loaded from an OBJ via a PP2
    (b) geometry that was embedded in the PP2
    (c) (for DS4) geometry that was loaded from a DUF

edited December 1969

I just had a look. DzGeomSourceFileData is derived from DzElementData, and DzElement has methods for getting the number of DzElementData items attached so I thought it would just be necessary to go through the list. However, importing an OBJ neither the object nor the object's shape have any DzElementData items, and the DzNode has only one which is for puppeteer by its class name. Not helpful, but it may perhaps suggest a more fruitful line to you.

edited April 2015

Ah yes... in the DAZ Script 2 HTML documentation I keep forgetting to click 'List of all members', and that I need to clamber up and down and around in the class hierachy tree. And your mention of 'shape' rings a bell.

Here's my first bit of tree-clambering....

DzNode ---up---> DzElement ---down---> DzShape ---memberfunction---> getGeometry() ---returnvalue---> DzGeometry ---inheritedmethod---> getFullFilename()

...soooo, if I can find a DzShape that's associated with the DzNode that I'm looking at...
    (hmmm... DzFacetShape suddenly springs to mind - iirc between DS4 and DS4.5 there was a change from DzShape to DzFacetShape...)

I remember DzShape/DzFacetShape in some script I played with in relation to one of my other threads in this forum, maybe some example code that Rob directed me to? I vaguely recall that there was a DzSomethingElse inbetween the DzNode and DzShape/DzFacetShape. I also recall that I used the code but ended up needing a DS version check, and doing something different for DS3 and DS4.5+ (I couldn't get it to work with DS4.0 at all)

Guess my next step is try and track down that thread/code.

edited April 2015

Tracked down the code I was thinking of (but so far not the thread) - it was related to creating a square groundplane in script for my DS3/4 worldball (WorldBall Setup DS3,4.dsa), and DzObject was the 'DzSomethingElse'. Here are extracts from both DS3 and DS4 versions:

DS3 version

// Create a DzPolyShape using a DzPolyMesh and then...
     oObject.addShape( oPolyShape );
        oNode.setObject( oObject );
        Scene.addNode( oNode );

DS4 version:
        // Create a DzFacetShape using a DzFacetMesh and then...
        oObject.addShape( oFacetShape );
        oNode.setObject( oObject );
        oNode.setOrigin( DzVec3(0,0,0), true );
        oNode.setOrigin( DzVec3(0,0,0) );
        oNode.setEndPoint( DzVec3(0,1,0), true );
        oNode.setEndPoint( DzVec3(0,1,0) );
        var oPresentation = oNode.getPresentation();
        if( !oPresentation ){
            oPresentation = new DzPresentation();
            oNode.setPresentation( oPresentation );
        }
        oPresentation.type = "Prop";

// And finally add it to the scene
        Scene.addNode( oNode );

So for DS3 I think the route from the DzNode to the DzShape is this...

DzObject DzNode::getObject ()
    DzShape DzObject::getCurrentShape ()

For DS4 I think it's going to be the same ? I think the DzPresentation bit is irrelevant if I'm just trying to get from the DzNode to the DzShape ?

So the DS3 code is probably going to be based on something like this ?

oObj = oProp.getObject()
    oShape = oObj.getCurrentShape()
    oGeom = oShape.getGeometry()
    sObjFilename = oGeom.getFullFilename()

and the DS4 code is probably going to be based on something like this ?

oObj = oProp.getObject()
    oFacetShape = oObj.getCurrentShape()
    oGeom = oFacetShape.getGeometry()
    sObjFilename = oGeom.getFullFilename()

Obviously some checking for null/undefined return values will be needed as well.

Can anyone spot any potential problems (I don't have any documentation for the DS4 FacetShape, so I may have got that bit wrong)?

edited April 2015

I'm making progress - it's not the oGeom.getFullFilename() that I want (that seems to be null), but oGeom.name - with a prop loaded into DS3 from a PP2 with an external OBJ, the following always fails the 'if (sObjFilename)' test - sObjFilename is printed as an empty string, but oGeom.name gives me exactly what I was after.

if (oObj){
         if (oShape){
          if (oGeom){
           sObjFilename = oGeom.getFilename()
           if (sObjFilename){
            MessageBox.information ("sObjFilename="+sObjFilename,"DEBUG","OK");
           } else MessageBox.information ("No sObjFilename = '"+sObjFilename+"'
    oGeom.name="+oGeom.name,"DEBUG","OK"); } else MessageBox.information ("No oGeom","DEBUG","OK"); } else MessageBox.information ("No oShape","DEBUG","OK"); } else MessageBox.information ("No oObj","DEBUG","OK");

Also tried exactly the same code in DS4 and that gives me the same results.

So if DS3/4 load a prop from a PP2 with an external OBJ then I can get at the OBJ filename with oGeom.name.
    If the PP2 has an embedded geometry oGeom.name appears to be the PP2 filename (need to do another test to confirm - edit:confirmed)

If DS4 loads from a DUF... not sure yet what oGeom.name will give me, but I'm guessing it'll be the "name" field from the "geometries[]" section of the DUF (e.g. the screenshot on this post) - edit: more-or-less confirmed from a couple of simple tests

edited December 1969

You can get the geometry from the node - DzNode.getGeometry()

• Widdershins StudioWiddershins Studio Posts: 539
    edited November 2015

I've tried what seems like every combination of the above and it seems to me that those fields are mostly empty.

Did you ever figure it out ?

I got this far... which only got me part of the path, not the full file name.

var prop = Scene.getPrimarySelection();var oObj = prop.getObject();    if (oObj){     oShape = oObj.getCurrentShape()     if (oShape){      oGeom = oShape.getGeometry()      if (oGeom){		oFileInfo = new DzFileInfo( oGeom.getFilename() );       if (oFileInfo){			print ("sObjFilename="+oFileInfo.absFileName());       } else MessageBox.information ("No sObjFilename = "+sObjFilename+"oGeom.name="+oGeom.name,"DEBUG","OK");      } else MessageBox.information ("No oGeom","DEBUG","OK");     } else MessageBox.information ("No oShape","DEBUG","OK");    } else MessageBox.information ("No oObj","DEBUG","OK");

Post edited by Widdershins Studio on
  • Widdershins StudioWiddershins Studio Posts: 539
    edited November 2015

I should mention I was using a prop loaded from a DUF file.

That code above just gives me :

sObjFilename=C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4

Post edited by Widdershins Studio on
    edited November 2015

I'm rather rusty on this but I recall that I got this working with DUFs - however, and I think this is important, they were DUFs that were originally created by importing a PP2 with an external geometry OBJ into DAZ Studio.

I think the screenshot pointed to by the link at the bottom of my 9th post above might help explain... (well it would if the new forum software hadn't screwed up all old-style links to specific posts ... this is the working link ). If you look in a DUF you can see the name and label fields of each node and its associated geometry. The values will depend on how the DUF was originally created, although I don't recall the exact differences off hand:

1) DUF created by importing a Poser PP2/CR2 with an external geometry in an OBJ file (DS4 automatically creates the DUF on import)

2) DUF created by importing a Poser PP2/CR2 with internal geometry, i.e. NO OBJ file (DS4 automatically creates the DUF on import)

3) DUF created purely in DAZ Studio, e.g. using "Create Primitive" and saving that as a DUF.

Cheers, Pete

• Thanks for coming back to this.

When I open a DUF file I don't get text, but I think I see what you are saying... for those fields to appear they need to be in the DUF file ?

All I need to do is select an object(s) and get the DUF filename. It sounds simple but I've spent hours on this and got nowhere !

I'll soldier on I guess.

edited November 2015

Correct, assuming that I understand correctly... and that's always debatable... :D

I liked the old DAZ Script file extensions DSA, DSC* and DSE - A for ASCII, C* for Compressed*, and E for Encrypted - you knew where you were with those. DUF doesn't give you that, so I'd guess the DUF files you're looking at are compressed or encrypted. If they're just compressed you should be able to open them with 7-zip or similar, and extract the plain text files to check those name/label entries.

Of course if the DUF files are encrypted then you're out of luck.

Note: If you're saving your own DUF files then there's a checkbox when you do the saving so you can select to write either ASCII or compressed DUF files.

*That should be DSB with B for Binary for compressed files as Richard pointed out below. DSC was a figment of my camera's imagination ;o)

• Thanks for that. I am making my own DUF files yes. I did one plain text and there's not an absolute file path in there.

However at the top there is this :

"asset_info" : {		"id" : "/Figures/ff.duf",		"type" : "scene_subset",		"contributor" : {			"author" : "rogad",			"email" : "",			"website" : ""		},		"revision" : "1.0",		"modified" : "2015-11-13T14:01:48Z"	}

If I could get the id I would be half way there.

Still trying to dig it out, when I load up an object from the selected node and try this :

print(oObj.assetId);

It's undefined. Hmm

• The compressed script extension is .dsb, I don't think .dsc is a DS extension.

There's a Batch Convert pane that will also handle compressing/uncompressing without losing extensions or duplicating files as happens using 7Zip.

• Thanks Richard.

I'm beginning to think this area is not fully working.

SImplifying that code to this :

var prop = Scene.getPrimarySelection();var oObj = prop.getObject();var oThisFile = new DzFileInfo (oObj.getCurrentShape().getGeometry().getFilename());print (oThisFile.absFileName());print (oThisFile.fileName());

Gives :

C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4

And filename() is empty.

sad

edited November 2015

Looks like oObj.getCurrentShape().getGeometry().getFilename() is returning a null string - I tried a slightly amended version of your code

var prop = Scene.getPrimarySelection();
    var oObj = prop.getObject();
    var sPropName = oObj.getCurrentShape().getGeometry().getFilename()
    print ("sPropName = ",sPropName)
    var oThisFile = new DzFileInfo (sPropName);
    print (oThisFile.absFileName());
    print (oThisFile.fileName());

and got this

Loading script: .../TEST.dsa
    DEBUG: sPropName =  
    DEBUG: H:/Poser/!TEMP
    DEBUG:
    Script executed successfully: .../TEST.dsa

(Note: I loaded and selected a Poser prop that I know uses an external OBJ for this. oObj.getCurrentShape().getGeometry().getFilename() clearly isn't returning what we expect, so our expectations are probably incorrect!  ;o) Off to look at it a bit more...)

edited November 2015

The new DAZ Studio 4.x documentation Object Index doesn't yet have anything about DzGeometry, so I'm using the old DAZ Script 2 documentation from DS3 (the 2.96MB 'DAZ Script API.zip) for reference. DzGeometry inherits getFilename() from DzStorable, so let's also try using that with our oGeom.

var prop = Scene.getPrimarySelection();
    var oObj = prop.getObject();
    print("oObj.name = ",oObj.name)
    if (oObj){
     if (oShape){
      if (oGeom){
        print ("oGeom.name =",oGeom.name);
        print ("oGeom.getFilename() =",oGeom.getFilename());
        oFileInfo = new DzFileInfo( oGeom.getFilename() );
       if (oFileInfo){
            print ("oFileInfo.absFileName()="+oFileInfo.absFileName());
       } else print ("No sObjFilename = "+sObjFilename+"oGeom.name="+oGeom.name);
      } else print ("No oGeom");
     } else print ("No oShape");
    } else print ("No oObj");

In addition lets initially use a Poser prop TESTPP2.pp2 with an external OBJ file TESTOBJ.obj. I've specifically used different text for the PP2 filename, OBJ filename, Poser internal name and Poser external name. Here's the relevant bit of TESTPP2.pp2 with the Poser internal/external names:

{
    prop PropA
        {
        storageOffset 0 0.3487 0
        objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:libraries:Props:Temporary:TESTOBJ.obj
        }
    prop PropA
        {
        name    PropName
    }

I load this prop into DS4.8, select it and then run the script. This is what I get:

Loaded file: TESTPP2.pp2
    Loading script: .../TestScript.dsa
    DEBUG: oObj.name =  TESTOBJ_3108
    DEBUG: oGeom.name = TESTOBJ
    DEBUG: oGeom.getFilename() =
    DEBUG: oFileInfo.absFileName()=E:/DAZ/Studio4(64)
    Script executed successfully: .../TestScript.dsa

So it looks like oGeom.name is the filename (without path or extension) of the OBJ file provided the prop was loaded from a PP2 with an external OBJ.

Currently I can't find the associated /data/auto-adapted folder to check the DUF etc that were created when I imported the Poser prop. I'll post the relevant bits of that in this post when I find it. (Edit: Hmmm... can't find it in any of my content/data/auto-adapted. So I tried saving manually as a Prop Asset. Noticed that there's a "Write geometry definitions" checkbox*, ticked by default. Saved it as TESTDUF.duf using all default settings, then loaded the DUF, selected the prop and ran the script...

Loaded file: TESTDUF.duf
    Loading script: ...y/TestScript.dsa
    DEBUG: oObj.name =  TESTOBJ_3108
    DEBUG: oGeom.name = TESTOBJ
    DEBUG: oFileInfo.absFileName()=.../DAZ/Studio4(64)

No surprise there, exactly the same as loading it from the PP2. When I saved TESTDUF.duf it also created TESTOBJ_3108.dsf which now contains the geometry ("geometry_library" type: "polygon_mesh")

(Edit: contrary to a comment I saw somewhere, can't recall where, neither the DUF nor the DSF contain any reference back to the original PP2 or OBJ)

(*Note: if you uncheck the "Write geometry definitions" checkbox it simply seems to write the geometry data to the DUF instead oif the DSF)

edited November 2015

DAZ Studio native props from the DAZ store seem to use the same DUF+DSF structure. The FRED.duf contains something like this

"nodes" : [
                {
                    "id" : "FRED_1234",
                    "url" : "/data/WHATEVERPATH/FRED_1234.dsf#FRED_1234",
                    "name" : "FRED_1234",
                    "label" : "FRED",
                    "geometries" : [
                        {
                            "id" : "FRED",
                            "url" : "/data/WHATEVERPATH/FRED_1234.dsf#FRED",

and the associated FRED_1234.dsf which contains the geometry data has this near the top:

"geometry_library" : [
            {
                "id" : "FRED",
                "name" : "FRED",
                "type" : "polygon_mesh",

and the script gives

Loaded file: FRED.duf
    Loading script: .../TestScript.dsa
    DEBUG: oObj.name =  FRED_1234
    DEBUG: oGeom.name = FRED
    DEBUG: oFileInfo.absFileName()=.../DAZ/Studio4(64)

• Interesting.

So there does not seem a way to construct the full path, which I find odd.

edited November 2015

Which specific file are you trying to find the full path of ? As far as I can tell at the moment a basic DAZ Studio native (i.e. DUF) file consists of just three files:

/Figures/FRED.duf

/data/Name/Product/FRED/FRED_1234.dsf

/data/Name/Product/FRED/UV Sets/Name/Base/default.dsf

And the geometry is embedded in either FRED.duf or FRED_1234.dsf depending on whether or not you ticked the "Write geometry definitions" checkbox when creating the DUF.

There's probably a way to get the full path you're after from DAZ Script, but I'd guess we haven't hit on the right object.method() combo ! :)

• Well what I would like to do is click on any item in the scene list and get it's full path.

edited November 2015

What you click on will be a DzNode, which isn't yet documented in the DS4.x stuff.

And you want to find the equivalent of the /Figures/FRED.duf from which that node was loaded.

Thinking off the top of my head I guess you first need to climb up the node tree its root node (e.g. if you clicked on a figure's left hand you'd want to climb up to the Body node, but if you clicked on an item carried in the figures left hand you wouldn't). If we're lucky there'll be some DzNode methods (possibly inherited from DzStorable?) that we can use to find the DUF filename...

• I'll have a dig around later. To see what was in objects I was printing them to the IDE window with this that was posted on the forum :

function dump(obj) {
      var properties = new RegExp("([a-zA-Z0-9]+(\\(.*?\\))?),", "g");
      print(Object.getOwnPropertyNames(obj).sort().toString().replace(properties, "$1\n"));
    }

So maybe I can find something in DzNode.

• Nothing obvious in the DS3 DzNode documentation so it'll probably be a case of scrambling around in the object hierarchy. And that's something I'm useless at !

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

See if this helps.

var __extends = (this && this.__extends) || function (d, b) {    for (var p in b) if (b.hasOwnProperty(p)) d[p] = b[p];    function __() { this.constructor = d; }    d.prototype = b === null ? Object.create(b) : (__.prototype = b.prototype, new __());};var Logger = (function () {    function Logger() {        this.lines = [];    }    Logger.prototype.clear = function () {        this.lines = [];    };    Logger.prototype.info = function (fmt) {        var args = [];        for (var _i = 1; _i < arguments.length; _i++) {            args[_i - 1] = arguments[_i];        }        this.write(Logger.INFO, fmt, args);    };    Logger.prototype.warn = function (fmt) {        var args = [];        for (var _i = 1; _i < arguments.length; _i++) {            args[_i - 1] = arguments[_i];        }        this.write(Logger.WARN, fmt, args);    };    Logger.prototype.error = function (fmt) {        var args = [];        for (var _i = 1; _i < arguments.length; _i++) {            args[_i - 1] = arguments[_i];        }        this.write(Logger.ERROR, fmt, args);    };    Logger.prototype.write = function (type, fmt, args) {        var d = new Date();        var msg = String(fmt);        args.forEach(function (a) { msg = msg.arg(a); });        msg = String("%1:%2:%3 %4 [%5] %6").arg(d.getFullYear()).arg(d.getMonth(), 2).arg(d.getDate(), 2).arg(d.toTimeString().substring(0, 8)).arg(type, 5).arg(msg);        this.lines.push(msg);        print(msg);    };    Logger.prototype.toString = function () {        var s = "";        this.lines.forEach(function (l) { s += l + "\n"; });        return s;    };    Logger.INFO = "INFO";    Logger.WARN = "WARN";    Logger.ERROR = "ERROR";    return Logger;})();var logger = new Logger();var Path = (function () {    function Path() {    }    Path.changeExtension = function (path, extension) {        if (extension[0] != ".") {            extension = "." + extension;        }        if (path) {            var i = path.lastIndexOf(".");            if (i != -1) {                return path.substring(0, i) + extension;            }        }        return path.valueOf() + extension.valueOf();    };    Path.getDirectoryName = function (path) {        if (path) {            var length = path.length;            var ch;            while (--length >= 0) {                ch = path[length];                if (ch == '/') {                    return path.substring(0, length);                    break;                }            }        }        return path;    };    Path.getExtension = function (path) {        var extension = null;        if (path) {            var length = path.length;            var ch;            while (--length >= 0) {                ch = path[length];                if (ch == '.') {                    extension = path.substring(length + 1);                    break;                }                if (ch == '/') {                    break;                }            }        }        return extension;    };    Path.hasExtension = function (path) {        if (path) {            var length = path.length;            var ch;            while (--length >= 0) {                ch = path[length];                if (ch == '.') {                    return length != (path.length - 1);                }                if (ch == '/') {                    break;                }            }        }        return false;    };    Path.getFileName = function (path) {        if (path) {            var length = path.length;            var ch;            while (--length >= 0) {                ch = path[length];                if (ch == '/') {                    return path.substring(length + 1);                    break;                }            }        }        return path;    };    Path.getFileNameWithoutExtension = function (path) {        path = Path.getFileName(path);        if (!path)            return path;        var index = path.lastIndexOf('.');        if (index == -1) {            return path;        }        return path.substring(0, index);    };    Path.combine = function () {        var args = [];        for (var _i = 0; _i < arguments.length; _i++) {            args[_i - 0] = arguments[_i];        }        return args.join('/');    };    return Path;})();var ApplicationSettingsBase = (function () {    function ApplicationSettingsBase() {    }    ApplicationSettingsBase.prototype.load = function () {        var file = new DzFile(ApplicationSettingsBase.configFileName);        if (file.open(DzFile.ReadOnly)) {            var json = file.readAll().convertToString();            var data = JSON.parse(json);            for (var p in data) {                this[p] = data[p];            }        }    };    ApplicationSettingsBase.prototype.save = function () {        var file = new DzFile(ApplicationSettingsBase.configFileName);        if (file.open(DzFile.WriteOnly)) {            var json = JSON.stringify(this, null, 4);            file.write(json);        }    };    ApplicationSettingsBase.prototype.reset = function () {        var file = new DzFile(ApplicationSettingsBase.configFileName);        if (file.open(DzFile.WriteOnly)) {            var json = JSON.stringify({});            file.write(json);        }    };    ApplicationSettingsBase.configFileName = Path.changeExtension(getScriptFileName(), "json");    return ApplicationSettingsBase;})();var blacklist = {    'destroyed(QObject*)': true,    'destroyed()': true,};var __types = {    'object': 'QObject',    'bool': 'boolean',    'char': 'QString',    'int': 'number',    'float': 'number',    'double': 'number',    'quint32': 'number',    'qint64': 'number',    'short': 'number',    'long': 'number',    'QObjectList': 'QObject[]',    'QStringList': 'QString[]',    'QVariantList': 'QVariant[]'};function pad(s, width, z) {    z = z || '0';    s = s + '';    return s.length >= width ? s : new Array(width - s.length + 1).join(z) + s;}var ParameterInfo = (function () {    function ParameterInfo(name, type) {        this.name = name;        this.type = type;        this.references = 1;    }    return ParameterInfo;})();var MethodInfo = (function () {    function MethodInfo(o, fullName) {        this.parameters = new Array();        fullName = fullName || "setUpBreadCrumbTrackingSignalWatch(QObject*,const char*,int)";        var index = fullName.indexOf("(");        if (index != -1) {            this.name = fullName.substring(0, index);            var parametersPart = fullName.substring(index + 1, fullName.length - 1);            parametersPart = parametersPart.replace(/\&/g, "");            parametersPart = parametersPart.replace(/\*/g, "");            parametersPart = parametersPart.replace(/const/g, "");            parametersPart = parametersPart.replace(/ /g, "");            parametersPart = parametersPart.trim();            if (parametersPart.length > 0) {                var parameters = parametersPart.split(",");                for (var i = 0; i < parameters.length; i++) {                    var t = parameters[i];                    if (__types[t]) {                        t = __types[t];                    }                    this.parameters.push(new ParameterInfo(t, t));                }            }        }        else {            this.name = fullName;        }    }    return MethodInfo;})();var PropertyInfo = (function () {    function PropertyInfo(o, name) {        this.name = name;        this.type = typeof (o[name]);        this.value = o[name];        this.isStatic = name[0] == name[0].toUpperCase();        if (this.type == "object")            this.type = "QObject";    }    return PropertyInfo;})();var Reflector = (function () {    function Reflector() {        this.name = "";        this.properties = new Array();        this.methods = new Array();        this.ancestorName = "";    }    Reflector.prototype.initialize = function () {        this.name = "";        this.properties = new Array();        this.methods = new Array();        this.ancestorName = "";    };    Reflector.prototype.setObject = function (o) {        this.initialize();        this.name = "anonymous";        if (o["className"]) {            this.name = o.className();        }        if (o["inherits"] != undefined && o.inherits("QObject") == true) {            this.ancestorName = "QObject";        }        for (var name in o) {            if (typeof o[name] == "function") {                this.addMethod(o, name);            }            else {                this.addProperty(o, name);            }        }        this.properties.sort(function (a, b) {            var n1 = a.isStatic ? 'S' + a.name : 'T' + a.name;            var n2 = b.isStatic ? 'S' + b.name : 'T' + b.name;            return n1.localeCompare(n2);        });        this.methods.sort(function (a, b) {            var n1 = a.name + pad(a.parameters.length.toString(), 2);            var n2 = b.name + pad(b.parameters.length.toString(), 2);            return n1.localeCompare(n2);        });        return this;    };    Reflector.prototype.addProperty = function (o, name) {        this.properties.push(new PropertyInfo(o, name));    };    Reflector.prototype.addMethod = function (o, name) {        this.methods.push(new MethodInfo(o, name));    };    Reflector.prototype.toString = function () {        var spacing = "    ";        var fmt1 = "%1: %2;\t// %3\n";        var fmt2 = "static %1: %2;\t// %3\n";        var sb = "";        var extendsString = "";        if (this.ancestorName.length > 0) {            extendsString = String(" extends %1").arg(this.ancestorName);        }        sb += String("declare class %1%2 {\n").arg(this.name).arg(extendsString);        this.properties.forEach(function (pi) {            var ch = pi.name.substr(0, 1);            sb += spacing + String(ch == ch.toUpperCase() ? fmt2 : fmt1).arg(pi.name).arg(pi.type).arg(pi.value);        });        this.methods.forEach(function (mi) {            var p = "";            var returnType = mi.name.endsWith("ed") ? "void" : "any";            var plist = [];            for (var i = 0; i < mi.parameters.length; i++) {                plist.push(new String("%1: %2").arg(String("p%1").arg(i)).arg(mi.parameters[i].type));            }            sb += String(spacing + "%1(%2): %3;\n").arg(mi.name).arg(plist.join(", ")).arg(returnType);        });        sb += "}\n";        return sb;    };    return Reflector;})();var reflector = new Reflector();var ApplicationBase = (function () {    function ApplicationBase(appName) {        this.START_TIME = Scene.getTime();        this.APPLICATION_NAME = "Application name";        this.SHIFT_PRESSED = shiftPressed();        this.CONTROL_PRESSED = ctrlPressed();        this.MARGIN = 6;        this.SPACING = 6;        this.mainDialog = null;        this.tabContainer = null;        this.s = null;        this.APPLICATION_NAME = appName || this.APPLICATION_NAME;        var file = new DzFile(getScriptFileName());        this.SCRIPT_NAME = String("%1.%2").arg(file.baseName()).arg(file.extension());    }    ApplicationBase.prototype.run = function () {        this.initialize();        if (this.mainDialog.exec()) {        }        App.flushLogBuffer();    };    ApplicationBase.prototype.initialize = function () {        var _this = this;        this.mainDialog = new DzDialog();        this.mainDialog.caption = String("%1").arg(this.APPLICATION_NAME);        this.mainDialog.width = 800;        this.mainDialog.height = 566;        var dialogLayout = new DzGridLayout(this.mainDialog);        dialogLayout.margin = this.MARGIN;        dialogLayout.spacing = this.SPACING;        this.tabContainer = new DzTabWidget(this.mainDialog);        dialogLayout.addMultiCellWidget(this.tabContainer, 0, 0, 0, 2);        this.tabContainer.addTab((function () {            var t = new DzVGroupBox(_this.tabContainer);            t.flat = true;            t.insideMargin = _this.MARGIN;            t.insideSpacing = _this.SPACING;            _this.messages = new DzTextEdit(t);            _this.messages.append(logger.toString());            logger.clear();            return t;        })(), "CONSOLE");    };    return ApplicationBase;})();var DazReflectorApplication = (function (_super) {    __extends(DazReflectorApplication, _super);    function DazReflectorApplication(appName) {        _super.call(this, appName);        this.pixmapLabel = null;    }    DazReflectorApplication.prototype.initialize = function () {        _super.prototype.initialize.call(this);        this.pixmapLabel = new DzLabel(this.tabContainer);        this.tabContainer.addTab(this.pixmapLabel, "AnodaTab");    };    return DazReflectorApplication;})(ApplicationBase);var app = new DazReflectorApplication("Any app name");var nodeCount = Scene.getNumNodes();var nodeList = Scene.getNodeList();nodeList.forEach(function(n){	if(n.className() == "DzFigure") {		logger.info(reflector.setObject(n).toString());		logger.info("    name: %1", n.name);		logger.info("   class: %1", n.className());		logger.info("assetUri: %1", n.assetUri);	}});app.run();
    edited November 2015

Hmmm... large sections of uncommented code, apparently irrelevant to the discussion*, posted with no explanation always sets the alarm bells ringing.

Can you expand on your "See if this helps." and explain why and how it might ? :)

*Edit: My mistake - as I said I'm not good with OO - I simply didn't understand what the code was doing. With 50/50 hindsight I should simply have asked "Can you expand on your 'See if this helps'? What does this script actually do?"

Including the first sentence was uncalled for, and the '...apparently irrelevant to the discussion...' was pure stupidity on my part! My sincere apologies jag11.

Edit2: blush I need to look no further than the last few lines of code in jag11's script above to see how stupid my comment was  ! I.e.

nodeList.forEach(function(n){
    	if(n.className() == "DzFigure") {
    		logger.info(reflector.setObject(n).toString());
    		logger.info("    name: %1", n.name);
    		logger.info("   class: %1", n.className());
    		logger.info("assetUri: %1", n.assetUri);
    	}

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

I'm sorry.

I wrongfully assumed several things, I assummed:

• you wanted to get the full path out of a figure
    • you needed some way of finding out the properties and methods of an object
    • it would be cool to post a script that creates a console dialog and logs the figure's path
    • it wasn't a party of two.
    edited November 2015

Apologies if you took offence - none was intended. I sometypes type without engaging my brain!

As I said earlier I'm not good with object oriented code, and when I looked through the code I couldn't follow what it was doing, and couldn't see how it helped with the question mrmorph was asking.

If I was wrong (as it seems I was) I apologize unreservedly. I've also added an edit to the post above.

And it's definitely not a party of two - the more the merrier !

Especially people who actually understand OO !  blush