.rib Render Zero Bytes?

MrWizard1024MrWizard1024 Posts: 51
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I took the excellent advice of several of you to get the 3Delight render software separately. The idea is to generate a .rib file in DAZ Studio 4, then have the 3Delight render engine render it in the background while continuing to work on DAZ Studio.

I was able to download the software and to render the samples. Note that in the sample folders, the filename.rib and the texture files are all in the same folder.

The problem I'm having is that DAZ generates in the outer folder a folder imagename_collected and a file named imagename.rib. The file imagename.rib is 127.1 MB. However, inside the folder imagename_collected, the file imagename.rib is zero bytes. When I try to render the inner imagename.rib file inside imagename_collected, 3Delight takes a second and then generates a tiff file with nothing in it. What am I doing wrong?

(I tried replacing the file ribdepends.exe in my DAZ Studio 4/bin folder, date modified 1/28/12, with the ribdepends.exe in my 3Delight-10.0.50, date modified 6/19/12, but that didn't solve the problem. The inner file imagename.rib was still zero bytes.)

MrWizard1024