What is Carrara's exact directory for placing assets purchased in the Daz store?

Hello Carrara users, I have seen in several publications how friendly they are, so I wanted to be part of this community: D: D
Before I begin, I want to point out, as in all my other posts, that I don't speak English, so I'm using the Google translator to write to them.
Well, my problem, I know, is a very silly thing, but it still became a headache.
I have a problem with the DAZ IDM, since I am using a test version of carrara 8.5, since it throws an error when trying to install the content.
For example, yesterday I bought this because it was just what I needed to get out of a big problem:

https://www.daz3d.com/night-and-day-city

Once the file is downloaded by Daz IDM, I go to the directory where all my downloaded files are and when I extract the corresponding file, some folders appear that I can't find anywhere in the Carrara folders. A folder called PRESETS and another called SCENES.
In which Carrara directory should I put these folders?
Or do I have to use the same directory where my Daz Studio assets are?
I await the prompt reply.
Greetings.

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Hi.

The vendor is PhilW.  He put together a promo video that may help.  You will also want a free plugin to randomize some of the shaders.  The plugin is by Sparrowhawke.  Try the following thread first.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/43991/night-day-city-product-promo-commercial/p1

I don't know the specifics of Night and Day City.  However, in general, Carrara content is installed where your Carrara program is located, not Daz Studio location.  Scene files go in Presets \ Scenes, object files go in Presets \ Objects, and so on.  Or, depending on your version of Carrara, it might be called MyPresets instead of just Presets.

I am attaching a screenshot of my Carrara file folders under Daz3D \ Carrara 8.5 \ Presets.  Please ignore folders named for Bryce, etc.  The relevant folders for you are objects, Scenes, and Shaders.

Hope this is helpful.

map for carrara.jpg
    637 x 652 - 86K
  • ChrisSerketChrisSerket Posts: 202

Thank you very much, in my case they are called MY PRESETS.
    Is there a problem if I change that name to PRESETS?

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Chris, I would send PhilW a private message.  He may not be viewing the forum, but he would get an email if you send him a PM.  yes Silene

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

some screen shots on adding folders reference screenshots, etc etc etc

Thank you very much for answering.
    I am going to prove what you say.
    Greetings.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited March 2020

Installed Locations for Night & Day City

City PhilW 1.png
    2695 x 1033 - 209K
    City PhilW 2.png
    2201 x 1033 - 242K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited March 2020

Buny,  I think Chris may not have some of the folders set up in Carrara if she has only just downloaded the trial. Perhaps the folders get created by DIM when you begin purchasing products? 

If that is true, then would she need to manually create any missing folders using the EXACT folder names in the EXACT file and folder locations you have posted in your screenshots?  I am under the impression she had found her MY files which are not in the same places and would not work if she simply re-named them.  EG, her reference to MY PRESETS.

I have this product but have not yet reloaded it to my new re-built machine.

indecision  SIlene

Post edited by SileneUK on
    edited March 2020

Hello Silene

I opened my backup zip file and it has the same locations as shown with my install.

If Chris copies the Presets and Scenes folder and pastes them into the installed Carrara folder it should be ready to go (fingers crossed !)

EDIT - If Chris has a different version to 8.5 there might be a different naming convention as Diomede suggested.

City PhilW 3.png
    998 x 625 - 47K
    edited March 2020

Just thinking that Chris might need to Add Folder to get to use the scenes after install.

If there is no folder after installing the files in your Carrara display

1. Go to the folder icon in your Sequencer tab

2. Click on Add Folder, navigate to the folder location

City PhilW 4.png
    1568 x 1037 - 209K

Now it did work for me, thank you very much.
    Greetings.