How am I supposed to be able to tell what I'm doing when everything in the scene looks black?

I bought the Driftwood Spa and Pool, and loaded it up. However, all the lighting is too dark for me to see much in the scene. Is there some other item I shouold have boiught to go with it?

daz1.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 249K

Comments

• Ctrl+L will turn the viewport lights on

• No. I don't have that set handy to check but sometimes there is to turn on/off the light preview, or somewhere a light switch. Sometimes it is to add one more light [distant]. Also to be sure that the render settings are for, in this case, 3Delight [or something not Iray].

In the Viewport's hamburger drop-down menu there is an option to toggle light preview on/off.
    Also in the Drop Down menu from Window is that same option.

• functionfunction Posts: 268

Well, that kind dark scene is a problem.

I remember when you select the Camera, in Parameters, there is a Headlamp, turn it on, and adjust its intensity to 2 or more, you will see everything, but don't forget to turn it back before render.

Otherwise, choose Perspective View will also show everything.

• ezrajohnezrajohn Posts: 8
    Nice! Thank you all! I thought it was me using an app instead of an Nvidia.

off - the preview of lights is on by default, and may leve the scene unhelpfully lit; hitting ctrl L turn the preview off, leaving you with a headlamp style illumination.

off - the preview of lights is on by default, and may leve the scene unhelpfully lit; hitting ctrl L turn the preview off, leaving you with a headlamp style illumination.

Unless the set was saved with the lights off initially.

The default is for the preview to be on.

• wimvdswimvds Posts: 4

Richard Haseltine said:

Ctrl+L will turn the viewport lights on

This general rule of the preview ligts being on does not apply to the Driftwood Spa however. So here, pressing Ctrl-L does indeed turn the preview lights on, so then you can actually see what will be rendered in Texture Shaded mode. It would be nice if this was fixed so others like me who are just starting out don't have to waste time searching the forums to find this piece of info...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818

wim.vandersmissen said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Ctrl+L will turn the viewport lights on

This general rule of the preview ligts being on does not apply to the Driftwood Spa however. So here, pressing Ctrl-L does indeed turn the preview lights on, so then you can actually see what will be rendered in Texture Shaded mode. It would be nice if this was fixed so others like me who are just starting out don't have to waste time searching the forums to find this piece of info...

No, you are confusing the instruction to preview the lights with a preview light - Preview Lights on tries to preview the state of the lights in the scene, Preview Lights off uses a headlamp instead of trying to preview the scene lights. Look at the state of the icon next to the menu entry in the Window menu if you want to confirm this.