V4 UV mapping request for G2F

Bright-Raven77Bright-Raven77 Posts: 14
edited April 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

could some one make G2F compatible with the Victoria 4 Victoria 4.2 UV Maps and textures would be interesting dont know here this goes but feel free to move it if not correct forum area

Post edited by Bright-Raven77 on

Comments

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

There's "Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female" (http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female) and "Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male" (http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male), which provide the V4 and M4 UVs for G2F and G2M, respectively. The M4 product is a little more difficult to use -- there are some hoops to jump through to get the gens textures to work (the vendor provides direction on how to make it happen) -- but I have to say that I'm very happy with both products and would definitely recommend them.

So far, I've simply been loading V4 or M4 with the textures I want carried over to G2F or G2M, saving out those textures as Material presets in .DUF format, and then loading those saved presets onto G2F or G2M. That may not be the way you're supposed to do it, but it's working for me with no apparent glitches.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Converting the Texture files to DUF format is all that is needed. That can also be done using the Genesis 1 figure and setting the UV to V4 or M4 and then saving the Textures in DUF. That comes Free in the Default DAZ Studio Genesis 1 content. So all users can do the conversion of files. Then the DUF files can be used on G2F and G2M as long as the user has the required UV's.

• Bright-Raven77Bright-Raven77 Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

where can i find those uv if they exist yet

edited April 2014

Which? The UV's that Genesis 1 comes default with will list in the Surfaces Tab under number(26) UV Sets. Just select the Genesis figure. And Change the UV. Note it Defaults to V4 on load... So apply Texture then Swap to correct UV and then the M4 texture will look correct, a V4 texture will be correct on load.

Once you have the Clones for G2's the same is used Surfaces Tab and UV set.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

If you own Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 you will have V4's UV set. Same goes for Michael 4 for Genesis 2, as Slosh includes the UV set for him too. They are separate purchases available in the Daz Store and linked in the post above.

Once you have the prerequisite set, you can choose the Victoria 4 UV's in the surfaces pane under "UV Set".

• edited December 1969

Sorry to dig this topic up again folks, but I'm really hoping someone that's gone through this already has a couple hot tips that would resolve my issue.

I have DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro installed.
    I have "Victoria 4 for Genesis 2" purchased & installed.
    I create a Genesis 2 female through the Files option Figures > People > Female and she shows up in the scene.
    I browse Materials > Set Victoria 4 UV which spins for a few seconds, and turns my actor gray. Looks like no UV to me (no eyes, lip color, etc).

I'm going through the previous discussions and the little amount of docs I've got on but I can't make heads or tails of it as far as actual process steps go. So I can't identify if I'm doing anything wrong.

...and yes, I'm fairly new to DAZ3D, but I have created actors with cloths, modified, added animation, exported to FBX, imported to Unity3D, etc.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

mvesich said:
    Sorry to dig this topic up again folks, but I'm really hoping someone that's gone through this already has a couple hot tips that would resolve my issue.

I have DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro installed.
    I have "Victoria 4 for Genesis 2" purchased & installed.
    I create a Genesis 2 female through the Files option Figures > People > Female and she shows up in the scene.
    I browse Materials > Set Victoria 4 UV which spins for a few seconds, and turns my actor gray. Looks like no UV to me (no eyes, lip color, etc).

I'm going through the previous discussions and the little amount of docs I've got on but I can't make heads or tails of it as far as actual process steps go. So I can't identify if I'm doing anything wrong.

...and yes, I'm fairly new to DAZ3D, but I have created actors with cloths, modified, added animation, exported to FBX, imported to Unity3D, etc.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Very curious. UV's shouldn't set anything to gray. At the very least, assuming no UVs, you'd get a single pixel of skin colour stretched out across the entire surface. Are you using the default skin?

Genesis classic loads as a default gray (and she also includes V4 UV's by default), but Genesis 2 Female loads with a basic skin included. I don't like to assume, so ensure you're not accidentally loading Genesis classic instead of G2F. Remember that to apply a V4 skin to Genesis 2 you will need to do some work beforehand.

Since Genesis 2's surfaces work a little differently to Genesis, you can't simply apply the V4 materials straight away. They need to be in DUF format, which requires a little magic. If you own V4, you can apply the materials to her first and then save it out as a DUF format by going to Save As -> Materials Preset. You can also use Genesis for this, but be aware that you will lose the eye reflection surface used by some figures.

If you directly apply the V4 texture using DUF it will not automatically set your surfaces to use the V4 UV set unless it was specified on the figure you saved it (such as Genesis). So if you used Victoria 4.2, who only has the one UV set, you will need to manually set the UV when using the material. You can, of course, re-save the preset after setting the surfaces to V4 and it will automatically set them the next time you use it.

edited December 1969

Yes the V4 Material will not apply to the G2F until the files is in .duf format. That can be done this way.

Step one: Load the Free Genesis one figure

Step two: Load a V4 texture file to the grey figure, it is set to V4 texture by default

Step three: In the Surfaces Tab at the very top of the list select Genesis, this selects all

Step four; In File Save As>Materials Preset save the new file, it will default to Content Library>DAZ Studio Fromat>Library name>Presets>Materials

Step five: Load the G2F figure, in Surfaces set it to the V4 UV

Step six: Load your Saved V4 .duf to the G2F.

You should now have the V4 texture on your G2F figure.

• Erik HeyninckErik Heyninck Posts: 158
    edited December 1969

I prefer to use the Stephanie 6 (Genesis2) character.

I have already noticed that the V6 textures won't fit as the UV maps are just different enough to produce seams.
    So I guess I cannot use this plugin.

Will there ever be a version for S6? Or is there a method to make these V6 textures fit without having topaint everything manually in Photoshop?