Saving morphs created through Hexagon bridge to use in Carrara

RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Since getting Studio 4.6.2.118, I cannot save a morph created through the Hexagon bridge. I get the dialogue to create the morph, this gives me the morph under the Hexagon bridge - just fine.

After converting to weight-painting, saving figure then saving morph, the morph is there when I re-open. The morph doesn't show up in Carrara, though. Is there some step I'm missing to get the morph to show up in Carrara?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,346
    edited December 1969

DS will collect together morphs saved in all of the DAZ Studio content directories it knows - assuming this is a triAx figure such as Genesis. Is it possible that the morph is being saved to a different content directory, one that Carrara doesn't know about?

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Hi Richard:)

This is Aiko 3, but was only used as an example - I get the same with any figure. I don't use Genesis because I'm on Carrara 8.1, which doesn't read duf. Just occurred to me that this may be the problem?

That the morphs are being written in DSON or duf or whatever the new format is?

Could you could give me a pointer to where morphs are saved by default and the file type, I'll see whether I can point Carrara to it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,346
    edited December 1969

With older figures you can't save morph assets, but when you save a modified figure the moprh is (or should be) written to the \Data folder - however loading the base figure won't load the new morph, it will appear only when you reload the saved .duf file (which you can't do). For the fourth generation figures you can use ExP exporter to create a set of files that Carrara or Poser will read; for older figures your best option is to export a CR2 which will embed all loaded morphs - you can then, most simply, import that into Carrara but you could also cut and paste the data for the new morph to an injection pose, adjusting it to use one of the blank channels in the CR2 if the fiddle was worth it.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Richard - tried the cr2 export - simply got..Failed to export...

Simply not worth the hassle - but thanks for helping:)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited April 2014

Sometimes for a modified .cr2 to export, one needs to check it all the way as far as possible, like Poser 4 or something.

edit: I don't know about the weight-mapping part though ...

Post edited by patience55 on
  • ssweetessweete Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Older figures can not be exported as cr2 if there converted to trix weight map, only works I ds
    1.load a3
    2.send to hexcreate morph
    3. Send back to ds
    4.save morph to dail box
    5. Export to cr2.