Alternative to GoZ

marblemarble Posts: 7,449
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

HI,

I find the GoZ export very hit and miss. Usually it will export, and then send back to DS correctly but occasionally it refuses to send it back.

So I have looked through the forum and the usual advice is to export an .obj instead. All well and good but I can't find what parameters to use. When I open the export dialogue, I am faced with a panel of check boxes and no idea what to do. When I tried it with defaults and imported using morph loader, the morph didn't work, the only thing that happened as I moved the morph slider was that the object increased or decreased in size (not my intention).

Please could someone point me to a tutorial or just post some screenshots which show what parameters to use? I am trying to morph a simple object - a pillow - but I can't figure out how to do it.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,373
    edited April 2014

Use a preset - the modo preset works for me. Then use the same preset for Morph Loader or to reimport the OBJ.

When working with an item with SubD, such as Genesis, remember to set the mesh resolution to base in the Parameters pane before exporting if you are creating a morph.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard, I'll try that.

And to re-import the morphed object, I should use Morph Loader Pro (that "strong arm" icon), right? Any settings I should be aware of for that?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,373
    edited December 1969

If it's just a plain morph, not a correction for a joint bend or the like, then just use the same preset as you used for exporting and optionally change the path to the morph in the options (it defaults to Morph Loader in the Parameters pane).