Bryce rendering problem

NelmiNelmi Posts: 38
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi, I am new to Bryce and have a question. I hope somebody can help me. I created a scene. First the sky, then the terrain and my objects. However when I render the scene I notice that a line appears on the horizon.It doesn`t look nice. I don`t know what I am doing wrong and how to fix it. All help will be appreciated. Thank you so much.

In_water.jpg
1500 x 1124 - 1M

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

@User #2309340 - welcome to Bryce and this forum. What you see is the bright line of the Haze in the distance. If you don't like it, you can turn off Haze in the Sky Lab. However, then all haze disappears. Haze is a clue for distance.

You can also change its colour. In the Sky Lab, Atmosphere Tab where you find the Haze setting, click on the small white square (the colour swatch) and move the mouse into the preview to get the colour of the background. Do not forget the click on the down arrow of the preview and set it to Render In Scene.

If this all confuses you, I can always add some scree shots.

• NelmiNelmi Posts: 38
    edited April 2014

Hi, thank you so much for your quick response. I have used your advice and the problem has disappeared. Thank you very much!

Post edited by Nelmi on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Thank you for reporting back, very much appreciated. Glad to hear that it worked for you. Never hesitate to come back for help.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited April 2014

Another way to make the white line on horizon blend better with the sky: In the Sky Lab, set the cloud height for cumulus to the maximum value, even if you don’t use the clouds. (if you aren't using them, switch cumulus on, set cloud height to max and switch them off again). This distributes the haze more upwards instead of just a bright line at the horizon.

Here is a screenshot showing the the default (left spot render strip), the effect of the cloud height change (middle spot rendered strip) and the effect of changing the haze color (right spot render strip).

screenshot,_reducing_haze_line.png
    423 x 728 - 149K
    Post edited by sriesch on