In to spy / future themed renders? Help recommend me products!

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Anyone have some spy-themed sets that they can recommend? Looking for modern and futuristic sets, both interior and exterior. I know everyone has different tastes, so I'm looking forward to see some people's suggestions. Have a new project I'm considering starting and I want to see what I'd need to get to decide if it's worth it or not.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093
    edited December 1969

What constitutes a spy set?

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited April 2014

I guess that's open to interpretation. When I think of spy I think of serious looking formal areas. Be it a large battleship, or a intimidating office building or a fenced off military compound. Basically anything where you wouldn't want someone without permission to be. Obviously not including your typical trespassing (homes, parks, other "non-formal" areas)

Post edited by Testing6790 on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you ... ;)
    Almost any environment, given point of view, lighting, etc., could bring to mind and/or accentuate the furtiveness of a spy.
    Not a detailed or exhaustive list by any means, but Predatron has some 'big spaces' environments that would make a good secret base, Jack Tomalin has a wide range of environments from 'institutional' to grand and baroque, E-Arkham has some nice locations, V3Digitimes has a few handy places, as has Maclean.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,309
    edited December 1969

Well if it's something you want to make and you don't mind going expansive the way stone mason does on some of his projects, how about a complete prison, with all the cells at different floor levels, including death row, the punishment/interrogation rooms and don't forget solitary confinement and the yard with all it's fencing. Perhaps even a section similar to Hannibal's cell in Silence of the Lambs, which could be used for spies depending on how you make it.

You could make different types, such as an old one like Alcatraz, maybe something modern with today's tech and finally something futuristic and you can make all look good and look degraded. That gives you options of making several sets depending on how adventurous you are.

There's Borne Supremacy, the 3rd movie which showed the behavior modification room with the dunking tank, electric shock therapy apparatus, and anything else you care to place in there.