Coupon Usage Problem - 2nd time support once again does not get it.

GnotMeGnotMe Posts: 131
edited April 2014 in The Commons

Here is the text of my support message.

The coupon MM-WEEK4-3OFF expiring Saturday April 5 does not work.

I have had this EXACT same problem before and it took over 10 days and tons of back and forth to resolve is once again wasting my time.

I'm sick and tired of spending so much time with this. The problem should have been fixed a long time ago.

Please don't waste my time telling me it has to be DAZ Orig and not new, over $3 etc. I know all of that.
edited - [all of the items that failed to work qualify]

Just give let me use the stupid coupon.

I have another coupon for $4 coming up, ready on Sunday April 6, and I would REALLY hate to have the same problem with that too.
edited - [This one actually worked]

I will attach screen captures for all of the items I have tried.

Guess what the reply was to this:

PROBLEM SOLVED

XXXX Apr 07 15:21:
(I've left the person's name off to avoid embarrassment

The March Madness coupons are good towards DAZ Originals only. New Releases, Gift Cards, and items under $3 are excluded.

Someone is just not reading my message at all. Why tell me what I already know and specifically STATED. How about checking the attachments for the items that failed with the coupon? All of the items are DAZ Originals, all are old, all are above $3 !

I went through this exact same problem last week! In fact the item Ahoy for V6 was an example I submitted with the last Coupon Problem and was told, this should have worked. We'll have to have tech look into why it did not work.

IT's not SOLVED.

CouponProblem_2014-03-23_233818-E.jpg
1366 x 768 - 198K
CouponProblem_2014-03-23_233818-D.jpg
1366 x 768 - 182K
CouponProblem_2014-03-23_233818-C.jpg
1366 x 768 - 191K
CouponProblem_2014-03-23_233818-B.jpg
1366 x 768 - 191K
Post edited by GnotMe on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Fact the Coupon expired on the 6th and today is the 8th might have a bit to do with it. It will not work after Midnight Daz 3d time on April the 6th. Which was Sunday night.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Now if that was not the issue filing a ticket is your only option, none in the forums have any way to solve this. This is Store side only which can only be handled by DAZ 3D at Daz 3D by them self's. The Forums are Run by users for the users, with the real DAZ 3D employees looking in from time to time. None of us standard Forum Admins have anything to do with the full store side of things.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited April 2014

Don't bite my head off but are you certain you didn't use the coupon on another order and forgot?

If that isn't the case, the only suggestion I can make is to include copies of the screenshots you posted with your ticket. Those screenshots were done on the 6th when the ticket was supposed to be in effect, weren't they?

If, as in this case, you filed a ticket and get a response that doesn't solve the problem, either respond the current ticket that the problem is not solved or file a new ticket. I've had it happen once or twice. The people at CS are only human and can make mistakes.

Keep calm and explain the situation. Include the screenshots if they are pertinent and any other information you feel is needed. Getting sarcastic or angry with CS won't help. It isn't the fault of the people at Customer Service that the software may have been glitchy.

Post edited by icprncss on
  • GnotMeGnotMe Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Now if that was not the issue filing a ticket is your only option, none in the forums have any way to solve this. This is Store side only which can only be handled by DAZ 3D at Daz 3D by them self's. The Forums are Run by users for the users, with the real DAZ 3D employees looking in from time to time. None of us standard Forum Admins have anything to do with the full store side of things.

You are right, the attempt to use the coupons was before they expired. I'm only posting this here because I can't find anyplace that is more appropriate. I am so frustrated because there is no way to bring it to the attention of DAZ administration. Phone Help was discontinued quite awhile ago.

Also, I wonder how many other people have had the same problem.

edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Don't bite my head off but are you certain you didn't use the coupon on another order and forgot?

If that isn't the case, the only suggestion I can make is to include copies of the screenshots you posted with your ticket. Those screenshots were done on the 6th when the ticket was supposed to be in effect, weren't they?

If, as in this case, you filed a ticket and get a response that doesn't solve the problem, either respond the current ticket that the problem is not solved or file a new ticket. I've had it happen once or twice. The people at CS are only human and can make mistakes.

Keep calm and explain the situation. Include the screenshots if they are pertinent and any other information you feel is needed. Getting sarcastic or angry with CS won't help. It isn't the fault of the people at Customer Service that the software may have been glitchy.

No, I don't bite.

Yes, I included the screen capture which was done prior to the expiration date.
    It is the fault of the people at Sales Help Desk if they DO NOT BOTHER TO READ my message. Don't you think?

edited December 1969

drdancm said:
    icprncss said:

No, I don't bite.

Yes, I included the screen capture which was done prior to the expiration date.
    It is the fault of the people at Sales Help Desk if they DO NOT BOTHER TO READ my message. Don't you think?

I've had it happen where I've submitted tickets, thought I was clear, concise and polite about what the problem was only to either receive a message back that made absolutely no sense or just have the ticket closed.

To save my own sanity, I found it was much easier on me if I just sighed and either answered the question (even if it mean repeating myself) or resubmitting the ticket.

I honestly don't know if someone at Zen Desk just forwards all the tickets en mass to DAZ or if someone attempts to prioritize them before sending them on.

Take a deep breath, think all the sarcastic comments you want and submit another ticket if the one you submitted was closed without being resolved to your satisfaction.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    I've had it happen where I've submitted tickets, thought I was clear, concise and polite about what the problem was only to either receive a message back that made absolutely no sense or just have the ticket closed.

Been there, done that. It does seem to happen most often when CS is snowed under by tickets, either due to a major release at the same time (new program update, or a new base figure) or lots of queries from a big sale or something going horribly wrong in the store. Platinum Club membership renewals, after the introduction of the new store — there were, to understate things, major, hideous, showstopping disastrous problems to begin with — were notorious for this but things do seem to have improved this year. It's annoying, because otherwise CS is much better than in many other online stores I've used.
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:

Been there, done that. It does seem to happen most often when CS is snowed under by tickets, either due to a major release at the same time (new program update, or a new base figure) or lots of queries from a big sale or something going horribly wrong in the store. Platinum Club membership renewals, after the introduction of the new store — there were, to understate things, major, hideous, showstopping disastrous problems to begin with — were notorious for this but things do seem to have improved this year. It's annoying, because otherwise CS is much better than in many other online stores I've used.

Customer Service here is great except on rare occasions and always when they are being inundated with tickets because something has gone terribly wrong with some part of store software.

I give CS a lot of credit. They have to put up with so much sometimes. Me, I'd probably run out of the building screaming in frustration the first day.

That's why if I the first time around things don't quite work out, I just shrug and try again. Might take a second try but CS goes out of it's way to fix things if they can.

Yep, the original PC renewal debacle was a hair puller. Let's hope the next time DAZ decides to go with new software for the store, they find one that's more adaptable. I'm just not a big fan of Magneto.

edited April 2014

Thanks for all your commiserations, good to hear that you have all lived through some of the frustrations.

Dan

Later Edit:

I just got a reply finally acknowledging the errors in replies to my issue and was issued credit for the coupon amount. So, even though it took longer than expected, the final resolution is generous, and as you were all saying, when Customer Sales (CS) works right, it works very well.

Thanks again,

Dan

Post edited by GnotMe on