Can't recover my work ????

JavPJavP Posts: 121
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

A lot of time working right and today.... loading my scene....

*** Scene Cleared ***
Json Parser (605625,3): Unexpected end of file in object.
Error reading file, see log for more details.

This is the message into the log file.

Impossible to revover my work. What is happening here ?

Javier

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

It sounds as if the file may be corrupt. Can you upload it for others to look at?

• JavPJavP Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

SOLVED !!!

I don't know how... seems that Windows 7 was trapping the scene file. I saw this trying to make a copy of this scene in the system explorer, and appeared a message saying that was not possible to read the file in the system.

Very rare with a new ystem.

I tried of course to reset the PC but was the same.

Only entering in safe mode, I can make a copy of the file,, and then open it in DAZ.

Only there was a problem in a shader ( PNG not found ). Could this create an error locking the file in the system ? I don't know but was locked and has been unlocked in safe mode.

This has remembered to me to rename my work with new scene names and not work always in the same file. The fact of been working during months VERY VERY WELL with DAZ ( SINCE I CHANGED TO WINDOWS 7 ), is not a warranty to avoid surprises.

• chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Could be a rights or permissions issue. Are you logged on as an administrator? or you can try running DS as an administrator i.e. right click on the icon/properties/compatibility/ click run as administrator.

• JavPJavP Posts: 121
    edited April 2014

No Chorse. Ever as administrator and with full rights. Other scenes in same directory / owner without problems. Was the effect like a file used by other application... that is locked.

In the case of permissions the message would be other. Not in the middle of the copy the error "error reading the file or directory".

You reset but is the same. Only in safe mode ( resident programs unactived ) was possible to make a copy of it, and later in normal mode, open it with normality in DAZ.

Rare things of Microsoft.

Post edited by JavP on
  • chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Then it sounds like another program or service is accessing the file at the same time and locking it. Did you update a program, device, or a driver recently? Also your windows event logs (system, application, security) might give you some indication what is causing the problem.

I ran DS under Windows 7 for years without any issue.