Semi-OT: Screen Saver software?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello all,

I know I've seen a few people sell their renders as screen savers and wallpapers, so I'm hoping that somebody here can make some recommendations.

The company I work for has a client who wants to create screen savers of his oil paintings for promotional purposes. My boss has tasked me with finding a screen saver creation program that outputs screen savers for both mac and pc.

Unfortunately I seem to have hit a wall on this. The only program I've found is iscreensaver. I would like to review more options, but, except for one program that takes flash files, everything else appears to output files for PC only. I've looked for review sites, and come up empty handed.

Has anybody here had good results with a screen saver creator that outputs for both mac and pc? If so please tell me what you use.

Thanks for your time.

~Phoenixwaller

Comments

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

The company would be sacrificing quality simply to have one tool. I would look for two separate tools, one for Mac and one for Windows and use both. Figure out how to use them and pitch why it's better to have a separate utility.

• edited December 1969

Unfortunately, we're a fairly small company, and only have PCs in the office, and a mac just for this purpose probably won't fly. So it'll have to be run from a PC platform.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Axialis has a professional screensaver app but it is windows only

http://www.axialis.com/ssp/

Desktop Paints has an animated screensaver maker

http://www.desktoppaints.com/about.php?product=wp_maker

Again, this is another Windows only app. I haven't actually encountered many screen saver makers that create for the Mac.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Hello all,

I know I've seen a few people sell their renders as screen savers and wallpapers, so I'm hoping that somebody here can make some recommendations.

The company I work for has a client who wants to create screen savers of his oil paintings for promotional purposes. My boss has tasked me with finding a screen saver creation program that outputs screen savers for both mac and pc.

Unfortunately I seem to have hit a wall on this. The only program I've found is iscreensaver. I would like to review more options, but, except for one program that takes flash files, everything else appears to output files for PC only. I've looked for review sites, and come up empty handed.

Has anybody here had good results with a screen saver creator that outputs for both mac and pc? If so please tell me what you use.

Thanks for your time.

~Phoenixwaller

check here -
    http://download.cnet.com/windows/screensaver-editors-and-tools/?tag=rb_content;main

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Hello all,

Thanks for your time.

~Phoenixwaller

check here -
    http://download.cnet.com/windows/screensaver-editors-and-tools/?tag=rb_content;main

you can use apple quicktime pro

or you can make a video and post it on youtube - then he can just give out the link

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,738
    edited December 1969